29 November 2005

Days like today

What a beautiful day! The sun was shining. The weather was a perfect 73 degress and I had stuff to do out of the house. After Rachel woke up from her morning nap, I lunched her, changed her and packed her into the car. Off to our weekly pilgrimage to Target we went. I bought all the things I had on my list--including her birthday party decorations--and was done in less than 45 minutes. Surprisingly it was still only 12:45. I started to drive east toward home, but not wanting to waste the perfect day indoors, headed west instead. There is a playground at Moonlight Beach that I've been wanting to take Rachel to for a while. Today was the perfect opportunity. Rachel had a ball at the playground. She chased the birds, climbed up and down the stairs, walked back and forth across the bridge, let the sand run through her fingers (instead of eating it) and even went head first down the big slide. She was having the time of her life; I was definitely enjoying it too!

It's days like today that make me love being alive; they fill your soul with such happiness. I had so much joy watching my little daughter discover, learn and be happy. Days like today remind me that there is a God who loves us and wants us to have joy. Afterall, "Men are, that they might have joy." Days like today remind me that God has created this wonderful world for us to live in. He has given us sunshine, the ocean, beautiful flowers, and blue skies (not to mention many other things). I don't realize that enough. It's days like today that make me eager to know what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: