28 November 2005

What kind of a world do we live in?

Tonight I was doing laundry. We live in an apartment complex and do not have the luxury of having a washer and drying in our apartment, so I have to go to the laundry room. When it was time to change the clothes from the washer to the dryer, I headed back to the laundry room. I took my delicates out and put them on the counter while I was putting the wet clothes in the dryer. These included a shirt I had recently obtained. I picked up everything but the shirt unknowingly. Spencer went later and got the dry clothes. He saw the shirt, but not knowing it was mine, didn't pick it up. That was two hours ago and I just realized I forgot the shirt! I ran back to the laundry room and it was gone. Who would steal someone's cold, wet shirt?? Granted, it was a nice shirt, but...who would steal someone's shirt? I keep imagining in my head a person looking at this shirt, wet on the counter and thinking to herself, "Wow, this is a really nice shirt. I think I'll just take it home with me" with no thought of who it belongs to. I am amazed at the lack of conscience some people have these days. Spencer keeps telling me to wait until morning and check at the office to see if someone will turn it in. I doubt that will happen, but I hope it's true. I hope who ever stole my shirt needs it more than I do...

No comments: