13 December 2005

Attached at the Hip

Spencer left his cell phone home accidentally today when he went to work. Luckily he has his own phone once he gets to work so he's still easily accessible. He's pretty good at surviving with out his phone, but I find it very difficult to be anywhere with out my cell phone. If I leave the house to go somewhere that phone has to be in the back pocket of my jeans or in my purse. I not sure why I have this obsession--it's not like people call me on a regular basis or need to get a hold of me.

My cell phone is a source of security and connection to me. I know that if something happened to me or Rachel while I'm out of the house, help is just a phone call away. I know that if I need a phone number or directions to a friend's house or a business I can just dial Verizon 411 Connect and the nice people on the other end will help me. I know that in the rare case that someone wants to get a hold of me at any hour of the day, they can.

I am in serious awe at what in the world we did without cell phones 10 years ago. How did we live?!? My cell phone is my connection to the world and I don't think I could live without it. Am I the only one that feels this way?

3 comments:

Kristen J said...

Actually I kind of enjoy leaving the house with out my cell phone. Usually the phone calls I receive entail, "Where is ...? Where are you? When are you coming home?"

It does feel a little weird when I don't have it with me.

Jamie J said...

Kristen, I'm glad I'm not at that point yet. That wouldget annoying. It would be a relief to not have it then.

Mo Mommy said...

I don't have call waiting, AND I have dial-up. So I just think of my cell phone as portable call waiting. I always take it with me, since the phone is pretty much the only contact with hubby I get. When the kids get old enough to call & ask for things thought...it's so getting 'forgotten' at home!!

BTW, thanks for the link, I'm blushing