30 December 2005

Working Mama

I got a job on Wednesday. Life has been so busy, this is the first time I actually have time to sit down and write about it. Rachel has been so emotionally volatile this last week. Finally on Wednesday I decided to call the doctor to see if I could take her in. She has had a cold for a week now and on Wednesday I thought maybe it had moved to her ears. Well the doctor said one eardrum was collapsed (like when you have to pop your ears) so there was a lot of pressure and the other was slightly pink--not red and inflamed like a full blown ear infection. Bottom line, she's in pain, but not enough pain to need antibiotics to get rid of it. So she's been cranky. She will burst into sobs at the drop of a hat. Needless to say, it has been a trying week.

So back to my job--I've sent my resume to a few work at home job postings on craigslist.com in the last fee weeks. Spencer is cutting his hours at work once he starts school so we were going to be in quite a touch spot. So I was looking to work 15-20 hours a week doing something at home to supplement our income. So this guy calls me Wednesday morning and offers me a job. 25 hours a week calling law firms to gather data for recruiters. It should be easy work--no selling, no pressure--so I'm not worried about that. What I am worried about it finding 5 hours each day to do this. I've come up with a plan though. I have to get up at 5:30 am, work till Rachel is up, nurse her, then back to work until 9 when Spencer goes to work. Then pick up the other 2 hours sometime during the day, preferably while Rachel is napping. I hope it will work. Luckily I prayed about taking this job and got a calm, peaceful feeling that this is right for our family and will work out.

I am so glad that I have knowledge that God can and does speak to us. I get so much confidence in my actions when I have the go-ahead from the Lord. It is so comforting.

So I'm a working woman again. Does that make me a work-at-home mom?

No comments: