09 January 2006

I Quit

I quit my job today. Yep, one week as a working woman AND a mom and I just couldn't handle it. I don't know what made me think I could. It wasn't that I didn't like the job or like working, it was just that the job disrupted the flow of our house too much. Granted I probably should have given more time to adapt but I don't want to have to adapt.

I got up at 5:15 a.m. each day, worked until Rachel woke up, then worked again until Spencer went to work. I worked through her nap and then went to bed at 9 o'clock so I could wake up at the butt crack of dawn again tomorrow. The waking up wasn't as bad as I originally thought, it was that I think I kept waking Rachel up too early. I think she heard me on the phone. So because she was getting up too early, she was a crank by dinner time. Now when I went into this working-thing, I said, "Self, anything that gets in the way of you spending time with Rachel or taking care of other responsibilites is not worth it." The bathroom hasn't been cleaned for over a week because I used to do it while she was napping. I haven't been to the grocery store since I started working because I'm too tired in the afternoon to do almost anything. So I quit.

I still need to find something to do to bring in money or we are going to be in the hole majorly in a few weeks but I need something less intrusive into my daily life. All I want is something where I can stare at the computer and type things....hmmm, sounds like blogging.

No comments: