25 January 2006

Sold!

I am so excited! Why you ask? I will tell you. It's all about organic food. A few weeks ago I was grocery shopping at Vons and we needed peanut butter--among other things. I love natural peanut butter (it's what I was raised on) but it's fairly expensive. Plus I hate stirring it because the oil inevitably spills over the edge of the jar and onto my counter top. Spencer won't eat it either. So I was looking at the shelf at my other options. I won't buy the fake stuff, because it just has too much sugar and I can't bring myself to feed that to myself or my baby. So there I am scanning and scanning when something I hadn't seen before catches my eye. The brand is "O" Organics. Hmmm, I think to myself, this looks interesting. I love anything organic. I take a look at the ingredients: organic dry roasted peanuts, sea salt. That's my kind of ingredient list! I buy some and take it home to try. Let me tell you this is the greatest peanut butter I have ever had! It has the consistency of the fake kind, but the naturality of the real kind. I had to stir it a bit, but there is not near as much oil as in the Laura Scudders (or other brand) so it didn't spill at all. Let me tell you this was the start of a great relationship!

Every trip since that first one, I've been keeping my eye out for this "O" brand. So far I've bought whole wheat bread (no preservatives), orange juice (tastes fresh squeezed--I'm not kidding!), black beans, broth, microwave popcorn (awesome!), cereal, tortilla chips (fantastic with the homemade guacamole I made today), frozen corn, and pasta. Hmmm I think that's it.

All I can say is they have me so hooked! Because this is a new product line everything they put out is on sale. So of course I have to buy them! I don't know if I bought into the biggest organic hoax there is, but I am loving it! Every time I go to the store I see more things that they have put on the shelf. I am looking forward to this "O" Organics brand taking over the store because they sure have me sold on their stuff!

1 comment:

Island Queen said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep an eye out for it. :)