15 February 2006

Brrrrrr

I woke up this morning at 5 am to drip, drip, drip. At first I thought our bathtub was dripping. I was so mad. I hate waking up before I have to. I laid there for a few minutes trying to block out the noise, but finally succumbed to the urge to go potty. I got out of bed and glanced out the window. What? The ground was all wet! I guess it wasn't our tub that was leaking, it was the sky. I didn't even know it was supposed to rain. So after going to the bathroom, I closed the window, pulled the covers over my head and fell back asleep.

When I woke up, the ground was still wet. We have been having very warm weather--plus I live in San Diego--since the beginning of the month so I wasn't prepared for today at all. My friend brought her two kids over this morning for me to watch and I was banking on taking them to the park at 10:30 to run around. Three wild kids under the age of 4 does not go well with our small apartment. I knew it was going to be chilly, so they all had sweatshirts and long pants on. What I wasn't prepared for was the wind. As soon as I started driving, I could see the trees swaying. When we got to the park it was so cold! It's at the top of a hill where the breeze from the ocean shoots up to the park. The clouds were still out and the wind was blustery! We stayed for an hour--luckily a bunch of women from our playgroup showed up (I guess they're as crazy as me)--and we had a good time. We left with pink cheeks and runny noses, but it was worth it! Luckily they are all asleep now (thank you!), giving me some peace and quite. I just wish I was snuggled up with a blanket and some hot chocolate in front the tv. Too bad 2 of them are sleeping in the living room.

No comments: