07 March 2006

Dear Yelena

Below is a letter that I attached inside a Book of Mormon that I will give to my neighbors down stairs tomorrow. They speak Russian and are from Azerbaijan so I gave them a Book of Mormon in Russian. I'll let you know how it goes...

Dear Yelena,

I am giving you this book with the hopes that it can bring some joy and happiness into you and your family's life. It has changed me and my family's life. I have been thinking a lot about the conversation we had a while back when you told me that moving here was a very bad decision for you and your family. I am sorry that life has not been happier for you and your family recently. It is my belief that we are on this earth to be happy. I believe that God wants us to be happy and have joy and has even devised a plan to help us achieve this. This book will teach you about this plan of Happiness that God has given us.

The Lord wants us to come unto him to partake of the great blessings that he has to offer us. This Book of Mormon teaches us how to come to know our Savior, Jesus Christ so we can be like him. Jesus Christ loves us. I know this. I hope that you would read this book with an open heart and mind. I invite you to especially read 3 Nephi chapters 9-27 and Moroni 10:3-5. Not only did Jesus Christ visit the people in the Old World, but he came to the America's too. This book tells the story of the people that lived here and in 3 Nephi tells the story of Christ's coming to them.

I have prayed about the truthfulness of this book and through his Holy Spirit, God has told me that it is true. I hope that you will find out for yourself that it is true and that it can bring you the happiness that it has brought me and my family.

Love,
Jamie J

1 comment:

Zeearah said...

I thought that your letter was a neat way to approach sharing your testimony. Rather than just testifying - you applied it to her life. That's great! I hope it all goes well. Hey = and did you see my response to "pulling out my hair"? Just wanted to make sure that you caught it in case I could help you. Good luck with everything - and I hope your spirits are up a bit more.