19 June 2006

I'm an Accounting Widow

Spencer started school again today. Hooray, summer school! Okay, I'm really not that excited. I want him so badly to get through school that I'm willing to put up with constant education for 2 more years. We've been through all kinds of classes recently. This summer it's Accounting.

Before Spencer started taking Accounting classes I always thought of it as a pretty easy subject. I mean how hard can it be to balance a checkbook? I do it all the time. I've got our finances down to a "t". But when he started telling me about Accounts Recievable, Accounts Payable, Liabilities, Assets, Stockholders Equity, etc. I knew it was way more complicated than I made out. He is retaking a class that he took a couple years ago so that his knowledge in Accounting will be refreshed for his future business classes.

So, here I sit at 9:30 at night staring into the computer while my husband works his brain solving problems. I've been sitting here for 2 hours browsing all kinds of worthless webpages. I can see my future in this LCD screen: lots of blog reading, myspace browsing, doing stupid IQ tests (stupid thing, I only got 100!) and picking up an occastional book on those nights off. Ahh, the life of a college widow. The good thing is, he's only "mostly dead." At least I'll get him back in 2 years.

2 comments:

allison r said...

i too am a college widow... as well as a ironman, mountain biking, and e-bay widow. i feel your pain!

Mama Darlin' said...

We should start a support group! LOL