25 October 2006

Church Quote Series

Almost every day Rachel and I go somewhere. I usually have to go somewhere or I get stir-crazy by the end of the day. When we go run errands we either go north or south on the nearest main road obviously depending on where we are going. If we go north we usually get a little treat on the way home.

I'm not talking edible treat. I'm talking about a treat that can only be read. There is a church on the way home that displays it's name and hours on a marquee right on the street. Not only are the name and hours listed, but usually each week they put up a gem of a quote for the driving travelers to feast their eyes upon.
I always wonder who thinks these quotes up. Sometimes they are thought provoking but others are a little odd.

This post marks the first in a series of a local Community Church marquee quotes. Each time I see one interesting enough to blog about, I will. I hope you enjoy! And feel free to add your interpretation.

Quote 1: God hates gossip. Ventilate vertically.

Discuss...

6 comments:

MaKri said...

does that mean that he does not want you to vent horizontaly? I am sure that would cause even more discussion...

Thoroughly Mormon Millie said...

Me too - I'm trying to figure out what one statement has to do with the other. Talk uprightly? Is that what they were trying to get at?

And this is totally gross but "ventilate horizontally" reminds me of someone farting in bed. Sorry.

Jamie J said...

TMM that's hilarious! The only thing I can tell is that they're saying instead of venting to people around you and gossiping, vent upwards to God. It's just a super weird way of saying it...plus, should we really vent about people to God?

Spencer J said...

There was one a few months ago that read:

You think it's hot here...

MaKri said...

TMM... I LIKE IT!!! Farting in bed. That is my vote for what the true meaning of your statement is Jamie... :o)

Rebecca said...

God does hate gossip. I can also be found gossiping in lieu of praying. If I do not like the way something is ~ I try to change it. As soon as we know there is a problem, one thing is inherent. We immediately become either part of the problem or part of the solution. God shows me a problem; at the very least, I am to pray. My solution for most things? Pray about 'my' attitude.