09 November 2006

Greetings from India

For the last couple months I have been doing work for Geoff my brother-in-law. I have the opportunity to communicate with hotels all around the world on a daily basis. One of wich called me at 5am this morning. Luckily I fell back asleep after praying that I would (since we are going to the Temple tonight and I hate falling asleep there!), but poor Thouroughly Mormon Millie wasn't as fortunate.

Anyway it's been fun getting to know the different styles of email etiquette in each country. I got the most awesome email from a hotel in India the other day and I wanted to share a part of it. After many other fun phrases interspersed in the email, this is how he closed it:

Looking forward to an ageless business relationship with your reputed reservation portal.

I love the way they phrase things and use words in India. Wouldn't it be so cool if we all spoke like this?

No comments: