14 February 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day and got some snuggling in with your husbands/wives. We had a great day! We got free tickets to Disney's California Adventure so we headed out there today. First off let me say that it was the most perfect day to be there! The weather was gorgeous and even better there was hardly anyone there! We pretty much walked on every ride. I think the longest we had to wait was around 15 minutes...hardly a wait if you ask me.

We started out our Adventure with me riding Soarin' Over California while Spencer stayed with Rachel. I got on pretty fast with the single rider pass. It's sweet because you just wait at the beginning of the line and then they fill you in where there is space. What a ride! It feels like you are gliding over all the beautiful areas of California like Yosemite, snow capped mountains, the ocean, and so many more. Spencer rode on it next while Rachel and I played around on the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. She kept wanting to go on the rope bridges again and again.
After Spencer rode on the Soarin' California we met up again and cruised around the side of the park that looked like a fair. Spencer went on a free-fall ride while Rachel and I sat that one our and ate our lunches. You can't pay me to ride on free-fall rides. I do not want to pay money to barf up what is in my lunch. I like roller coasters but not those kind.

After that we headed over to A Bug's Land where there were all kinds of rides designed for little people. We started with Heimlich's Chew Chew Train which Rachel wasn't so sure about. In the end she said she had fun, but during the ride she looked pretty nervous. Here's a bad picture but you get the point...

After the caterpillar train ride we headed to the bumper cars. By this time Rachel was getting the idea of having fun on rides and she loved the cars. She kept saying she wanted to drive but once the cars got going, I think it scared her a little so she let me take the wheel.

After the bumper cars we headed over to the lady bug ride. This one was the fastest ride we had been on yet, but Rachel seemed to enjoy herself the most. This is her waiting to get on. She could hardly contain her excitement to know we were going to go on another ride!

Then we went on the final ride in the Bug's Land--some flying ride kinda like Dumbo. Rachel liked this one the best. She had to sit on my lap, but was laughing and watching all the other cars go up and down.

When that ride was over we took Rachel to the spray ground thinking she'd have a great time, but all she wanted to do was hold on to Daddy as tight as she could! She would not let go for a second!

Spencer and Rachel were gracious enough to let me go on another ride by myself so I took my chances on Rockin' California Screamin'. (What's with the apostrophes??) Anyway so that was a really fun ride to go on. I felt like such a baby though because I was screaming while the old people in front of me were laughing! It starts out really fast and fun, but towards the end slows down and I got a little bored for a bit, but I pretty much walked on the ride so I can't complain! Spencer and Rachel had fun playing on the fenced off grass areas while I rode the ride.

After we met up we decided to finish our day over at the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Here we saw the Muppet Vision 3D movie. This was Rachel's first time with the 3D experience so it cracked Spencer and I up when some things got "thrown" into the audience and she jumped! She ended up on my lap after that but kept her glasses on the whole time. It was a little loud for me so that kind of ruined the fun of it, but it was a neat little show. I wanted to keep the glasses for a memento, but they made us give them back...bummer. We also rode the Monsters, Inc ride which is very similar to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland. It was fun though.

The other cool thing they have at the Backlot was Turtle Talk with Crush. Now this is one thing worth seeing! You go into an auditorium and in front of you is a huge screen made to look like an aquarium. After some guy does the into we all yell so Crush will come swimming dow toward us. Here's where it gets good. Crush interacts with the crowd. He asks us questions and then answers questions from the audience. The first thing he did was talk to this little guy up front dressed in a Buzz Lightyear costume. He was talking to him and then he pulls out a Buzz Lightyear doll and shows it to the kid. It was hilarious. Then he swam around and talked and chatted with us. I don't know how they did that, but it was really neat to watch. Spencer thinks that there is a guy behind the screen with an animation suit on that would make Crush swim around and talk too. I don't know, but I was fascinated. I could only imagine what those little kids were thinking!

Lastly Rachel and I hung out while Spencer rode--queue scary music and deep voice--The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror! Another ride you couldn't pay me to go on. Even Spencer said that I wouldn't have liked it. Rachel and I were just hanging and wandering around when we came upon Mr. Incredible! Rachel loves The Incredibles so this was so exciting for her. Luckily we were able to get our picture taken right before he walked away. As you can see, Rachel was a little confused about seeing Mr. Incredible in real life.

After seeing Mr. Incredible for real we figured we had seen everything we needed to see to make our trip worthwhile. Rachel was pretty tired after a long day (it was 4pm) but was so happy the whole time. When we got back on the road she was snacking on some carrots and I heard her choke a little. When I looked back I could see her eyes rolling in the back of her head like she was fighting sleep as much as she could. It was like the blanket of sleep was wrapping her up. I quickly gave her some water to wash down the carrot remains and gave her her blankets. A couple seconds later the eye rolling commenced and I hear her say, "I go sleep." and she was out. Ahhh, nothing better than a totally wasted baby sleeping in the car.

Well that concludes our ride through Disney's California Adventure today. Please stay seated until the ride has come to a full stop and your seat belts have disconnected. We hope you had a very happy stay here at Disney's California Adventure!

1 comment:

Spencer J said...

I am glad you had a good time, but be careful about that guy in the blue shirt holding the kid. He looks angry.