06 March 2007

A Photo Contest



Kalani from An Island Life is having a photo contest. She wants to know what inspires me. I thought I'd enter with this picture:


The beauty of nature inspires me. First of all it reminds me that we have this earth created by a God who loves us. It inspires me to be better. A beatiful sunset lifts my spirits when I'm down. It calms me when I'm uptight and stressed. When I sit on the beach with the sand between my toes watching the waves wash up and down the beach as the sun dips below the horizon, I know that there is a God who knows and loves me individually. It makes me want to strive for greatness in my life.

So if you love this picutre head over to An Island's Life and vote for me once the voting opens up between the 9th and the 11th.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful photo! Where was it taken? I'm trying to talk my hubby into going to the beach this weekend... we'll see how it goes...

Jamie J said...

Thanks Melissa. This was at South Carlsbad State Beach in November 2003. A few families go camping at the beach every Easter and Thanksgiving. This was probably the Friday after Thanksgiving...the date stamp says 11/28/03 so I'm just guessing without actually looking it up :)

I think it will be a beautiful weekend. You should definitely head over to the beach!

Mert said...

That is very pretty, thanks for sharing it!:D