04 March 2007

Floating Star Quilt Project

A few days ago my Grandma gave me a box full of scrap fabric that she has saved over the last couple years.


I'm so excited! I've been wanting to make a quilt lately, but actually going out to buy fabric for it seems like such a headache. There is quite a bit of useable fabric in this box, so I'm making this quilt:


It's surprisingly really easy, and I think it will be perfect because there is such a variation in patterns in the fabric I have. Here's where I found it if you're interested. This pattern doesn't seem to need too much uniformity. This is my third quilt so we'll see how it goes. I'll keep you updated! So far I have two squares sewn, and about 10 ready to go!

3 comments:

Julie P said...

Totally digging that. I've been away from quilting for awhile - almost 3 years! - and have just gotten the bug to start back again. I'd love it if you post updates as you go along.

Melissa said...

I love that pattern! I have looked at it before, but have never done that one... you'll have to post progress pics!

scribbit said...

That's beautiful, I've never seen a floating star patten before. I've done a few quilts for the kids' beds but I tend to go in bursts of energy and it's been a few years since I've pieced one.