22 May 2007

The Innocent Man


I just finished this book on Sunday. Wow. All I can say is wow. I can't believe that so much happened to this man after it was so blatant that he did not commit the crime. I still believe in the death penalty and that people should pay for their crimes, but we are all at the mercy of people.

It makes me intensly grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who will be the perfect judge of our earthly experience and especially grateful for the perfect "attorney" in Jesus Christ.

One thing that I really liked about this book though was Ron's fight for himself. He didn't just wallow in his self-misery and stop fighting. He fought for his freedom and his rights till the end. This is more than just a story about injustice to men. It is about personal strength. Strength to go on in the midst of horrible circumstances. Strength to keep fighting for what you know is right.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've never read one of his books. Maybe I'll have to read this one. It sounds like you really enjoyed it!

Jamie J said...

Yes I did. Plus one of the things I liked most of all was that it was a true story. I don't think I mentioned that in my post. That makes the book all the more fascinating to me.