23 May 2007

Jack Sparrow or Jesus??

A couple days ago I was at the grocery store and they had Raisin Bran for buy one get one free, so of course I picked some up. Today Rachel decided she wanted Raisin Bran for lunch and I wasn't in the mood to stick my foot down on pb&j, so I let her.

As I was eating my leftover chili and cornbread Rachel was singing her new favorite song "Gonna have a good time tonight! Gonna have a good time tonight!" Then all of a suddene she stops, points to the cereal box and yells, "Jesus, Mama!" I chuckled to myself as I glanced at the box and saw, no, not Jesus, but Captain Jack Sparrow.


I lovingly explained that no, it wasn't a picture of Jesus on a cereal box--although that would be interesting--it was the pirate Jack Sparrow. She would not have it. She adamantly replied that it was in fact Jesus. It's no use arguing with a 2 year old so I let her have this one. My time will come....

3 comments:

Scribbit said...

That's about as far as one could get off the mark, huh? :)

How funny!

Susan M said...

Oh wow that is hilarious!

Melissa said...

That is TOO funny!! Thanks for the laugh :D