23 May 2007

New Word

I learned a new word today: callipygian.

Say it with me: kal-uh-pij-ee-uhn

Anyone want to take a stab at what it means?
(just highlight the next little section to find out)

Okay here is its: "having well-shaped buttocks or having beautifully proportioned buttocks."

Also "callipygian: "of, pertaining to, or having beautiful buttocks," 1800, from Gk. kallipygos, name of a statue of Aphrodite, from kalli-, combining form of kallos "beauty" + pyge "rump, buttocks."


Gotta love the Greeks and their wonderfully crafted words. Now your homework is to use this word in your conversation tomorrow and tell me how it goes! :)


3 comments:

Terina said...

i do not fall into that catagory!!! although my husband does. where did you find that word??

Melissa said...

lol - have you been playing Balderdash?? :)

Jamie J said...

Rachel likes to get our games down and play with the pieces and things. Her latest favorite game is Cranium so for fun I was just going through the cards to see what I knew and found this word. Great word, huh? :)