30 June 2007

The Road--Updated

I finished The Road last week and let me tell you, I just didn't get it. Not my favorite at all. We are discussing it tomorrow night and there are a couple ladies who absolutely loved it, so I'm looking forward to finding out why.

Updated: So book club was great. I loved hearing why only two people loved the book. The general consensus was of dislike, but there were some that liked it, just didn't love it. The book is very depressing, but if you can get past that then there is a beautiful story about the love between a father and his son. Personally I couldn't get past the dreary, dark and depressing setting...but that's just me.

3 comments:

Lisa M. said...

You'll have to let us know- I haven't read it-

Though I have read a different one with the same name!

Goodness.

Melissa said...

I haven't read that one... you'll have to post a little about it and why you didn't like it and why the others did.

Melissa said...

oooh... I hate depressing stories... I just can't get past that. And then it usually makes me mad. Weird, I know, but it does. I'll probably skip this one!