06 June 2007

I think Rachel needs a real bed

Okay before you get all crazy on me, she does have a bed people. It's just a crib. She has been sleeping comfortably in her crib with the side down for a few months, but yesterday finally figured out how to climb out with the side UP. Plus she has decided she doesn't like her crib as much as she used to and has started trying to sleep on her over sized arm chair in her room. After 45 minutes of her singing and me going in there numerous times telling her to sleep I finally found her asleep in the chair. Only it didn't look too restful...take a look at this video:

Also last night before we went to bed I checked on her and found her on her stomach on the chair, with an arm hanging off the front and her legs up behind her. Clearly she doesn't want to sleep in her bed anymore.

So off I go to Craigslist to find a suitable bed for a 2 1/2 year old for under $50 bucks. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Corrie said...

That's so funny, how did you tape it without laughing?

Terina said...

that was awesome. i'm amazed i didn't hear snickering in the background. i probably would have dropped the camera....

Jamie J said...

Spencer and I had tried too long to get her to sleep today so we weren't going to risk it by laughing, but we were cracking up under our breath! :)

Melissa said...

That's too funny! Can I tell you what we learned about kids beds? We bought our oldest a toddler bed... he outgrew it in about a year. Then we found a twin size bed that was really low to the ground - he used it for several years till we got the bunk bed for the boys. Now Baby Girl uses the twin bed... if I could go back, I'd probably skip the toddler bed. JMO

Jamie J said...

Oh Melissa, we are totally skipping the toddler bed stage. Now that she's 2 1/2 she will fit nicely in a twin size bed. I've been looking all day, but I think my original estimate was way too low! Looks like we'll have to fork out more than $50 for a decent mattress that is fairly new. There is no way I'm letting my 2 year old sleep on some random stranger's mattress... :)

Cheryl said...

Hilarious!

Good luck with the bed hunt...

My girls would fall asleep during dinner (it was during their need-a-nap-don't-need-a-nap stage) and the head-bobbing would just crack us up. What awesome memories!