09 June 2007

The lesser of two evils

So because Rachel has not shown interest in sleeping her in crib the last week and we want her to sleep in a bed instead of a chair, we got a bed for her today. Luckily my Dad had an extra twin bed that they weren't using that he let us have. So we brought it home today bought some new sheets and put a pretty quilt that my grandma made for Rachel on it.

Tonight she didn't want to sleep in it. Frankly I wasn't surprised but I thought a little cajoling would help. I laid down with her and sang a couple songs to her and I could actually see her eyes nodding off. I thought she was going strong down the sleepy road, but then changed her mind. I got up, told her good night and as I was leaving she begged me to let her sleep in the chair tonight.

The thing is we moved the crib in front of the chair so she couldn't get to it. I told her to get back in her bed and even gave her a little stool so she could get on it a little easier. Then I shut the door and went about my business. A few minutes ago I peeked in to make sure she was asleep and she wasn't on the bed. So I looked around the room and found her in her....crib!

I guess she chose the lesser of the two evils....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

lol - good luck! Sounds like she is DETERMINED to sleep wherever you don't want her to! :D

Terina said...

we had such a hard time getting my son to sleep in his toddler bed. we had to sit at the door to make sure he stayed in. he's been in a regular bed for over a year, and it is still a struggle sometimes. just stick with it, be consistent as you can, and she'll get it. good luck!!

Corrie said...

We are almost to this point with my youngest. I always dread it. We start with a mattress on the floor - not so far to fall and we take everything out of the room. It usually doesn't take very long for them to get used to the new bed, but change is hard (for parents too).