18 June 2007

Phew, what a week!

Wow, it's been so long since I've blogged. We were so busy last week and I barely had time to do anything. The only reason I am doing this right now is Rachel's occupied watching the Little Mermaid. Anyway, here's a recap of what's been keeping me from lovingly taking care of my blog...

Monday: FHE

Tuesday: Home teachers came over

Wednesday: WEIRD AL Concert! Oh yeah! I wasn't too excited about going at first, but after the concert I would totally recommend seeing Weird Al if he ever comes to your town. He played at the Del Mar Fair--sorry, the San Diego County Fair--and so we just paid to get in and then it was a free show. We had some decent seats too. He was so entertaining! Almost every song he came out in costume and between songs they had clips from "Al TV" on the big screen making fun of celebrities. It was great. The concert lasted 2 hours and had me completely entertained the whole time. So fun!

Thursday: We went to some friend's house for dinner and to play on their Wii. We played Tiger Woods golf and I didn't do to bad, if I do say so myself. My Dad has been golfing for a while and Spencer likes to golf, but I've never really gotten into it. I was really horrible in High School so I didn't want to relive the embarrassment of never hitting the ball or having it piddle off the tee. But after playing the Wii I think I might be okay with hitting some balls at the driving range sometime.

Friday: We had another date--part of our rotating babysitting group. Spencer and I got Mexican food and then went longboard skateboarding in Carlsbad. We stopped and watch this street peddler guy juggle fiery bowling pins and a bowling ball while balancing on a ball. It was pretty impressive. I would have even given him money if we had some. We also ran into some friends who were biking down the coast for their Friday night date.

Saturday: In the morning I went to a baby shower for a friend. Then I hurried home because around 2 we went to Dana Point with my Dad and his wife. Karen's family is always having parties so they decided to do one for one of the son-in-law's birthday. Plus they needed a good excuse to get out the jet skis. Karen's sister has 2 super nice ones that seat three people and if you want can go up to 70 miles an hour! We stuck Rachel in between Spencer and I and took off out into the ocean. She was having fun riding the "water scooter" but didn't want to go too fast.

Oh one other thing that was funny was on the way up there Rachel was dancing and bobbing her head up and down to the music that my dad was playing. I asked her if she was rocking out and she said yes. Then a few minutes later she was doing it again and she said, "I'm rocking up!" She is so stinking cute sometimes. :)

Then yesterday for Father's day we got ready for church, pulled in there right as they were starting and sat down. The first thing I heard was, "So we'll be letting you go a little early today..." I was super confused as to why they would be letting us go early--I mean it was only Father's Day. :) But then we soon learned the bathrooms were flooded and so it wasn't really safe to keep so many people there for three hours. So we had the Sacrament, the children sang, and we had one youth speaker. Then the Father's got their cookies and we went home. It was kind of weird. I felt like I shouldn't leave because we hadn't been there very long, but there was no reason to stay. I'm just glad it wasn't my week to teach so there wasn't a lesson that went to waste.

Then we had my Dad and Karen over for dinner and sat talking until after 9. Pretty much went to bed shortly after that too.

I feel like I need a whole day to just relax and do nothing. Too bad it's laundry day today. Oh and it's done now so off I go!

Oh and I wish that I could say Rachel's been sleeping in her bed this last week...nope. She's back in the chair. Although the chair has seen better days so we might just get rid of it. I can't decide if we should pay to reupholster it, get a cover for it or just chuck it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You DID have a crazy week!!! Wowsers... the Weird Al concert sounds so fun! I have always really enjoyed his music. The parodies rock!!! I'll have to watch and see if he ever comes around again.

Island Queen said...

I love Weird Al!! How fun!!

What a nice busy week you had :-)

Jamie J said...

Melissa, I'm not sure exactly where you are but he's playing nightly at the Orange County fair in July. Should be fun!!