05 June 2007

Seminary Memories

In our ward Relief Society we are doing something called Scripture University. It's where we as a Relief Society are reading all 4 Standard Works this year--some are reading the Book of Mormon twice, but not me. Anyway so right now I'm in Exodus in the Bible. Reading this brings me back to (what I think was) my senior year in Seminary studying the Old Testament.

There are only a handful of things I actually remember about Seminary. One is Scripture Mastery. Me and 3 others were really good at it and usually won at the Stake thing at the end of the year.

Another is the little drawings that we did to help us remember the scripture mastery scriptures. I don't know what the actual scripture is now, but my friend drew a picture of this guy with a tent stake through his head. I think it's somewhere in Joshua maybe?? I still have the picture, it's just too buried for me to find it. If someday I do find it, I'll take a picture as post it.

And one of the other things is from Exodus chapter 24. I remember the class just cracking up every time we read the word "shittim." I know it's super immature, but as I'm listening to the scriptures right now I'm even chuckling. Sometimes it just cracks me up how funny the Bible can be.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think it's awesome that you are doing this! I read the Old Testament last year and it was one of the hardest things I'd ever done! It was great when I had finished :)