14 August 2007

8 Things about my marriage

I feel like I've been neglecting my blog lately. I haven't really felt like I had much to say. Life is good...couldn't be much better. It is stinking hot today, but we have a pool accessible to us so that's where Rachel and I have been all morning. Now I'm sitting in my nice air conditioned apartment with my 2 year old snoozing. Last week Scribbit put this on her blog and actually tagged me so I decided to do it. Since Spencer and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary this Friday, August 17th I thought it fitting that I do it.



Eight Things about My Marriage


1. Where did you meet your husband? We met at the singles ward in Poway, California. If you want to get more specific we were actually in the same Primary class when we were 8. We actually have a birthday card to Spencer with my name on it proving it. We don't remember that of course, but I guess it was meant to be at an early age. :)

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband? I can't remember specifically. One Sunday during Break the Fast we started talking because we found out that we were going to be speaking in Sacrament Meeting together in a couple weeks. We started talking about our families and ourselves and I mentioned that we were talking right around my birthday. That's when we found out that I am a month older than Spencer. All that time I thought he was a couple years older than me and he thought I was a couple years younger than him.

3. Where was your first kiss? First date? Well our first kiss was outside his house after a long drive home from Utah. See, both of us wanted to go to General Conference and we had a few other people who wanted to go too. Bottom line, they all backed out last minute. So there we were, just the two of us in my new truck. We drove to Conference, had a great time and then on the way home were holding hands. He kissed me when I dropped him off at his house.

4. Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement? We started dating in October, took a break in November and then got back together near the end of November. Then in May he proposed and we were married in August. You decide if it was short or long. I think it was perfect.

5. Where did you get engaged? The top of the Hyatt in San Diego. We had dinner at the Napa Valley Grille in Horton Plaza then walked around Sea Port Village. Then we took the elevator to the 40th floor and he proposed there overlooking San Diego. I should say that Spencer had asked my Dad almost three weeks before but the ring was late. I kept wondering when it was going to happen! My parents were starting to wonder if he was really serious! :)

6. Where did you get married? The San Diego Temple on Aug 17th, 2002

7. How did the reception go? It was fantastic! We had so much fun dancing. It was just a big party. We loved it!

8. How was the honeymoon? We spent our first two nights in Dana Point. Then drove to Santa Barbara and we took the long way there. I'd never been there so we hung out at the beach, went to the zoo and to a botanical garden. We didn't have too much time, but it was great fun!

So there you go. I can't believe it's been 5 years already. We've had our ups and downs, but overall I couldn't be happier. I love my husband with all my heart and am so grateful he picked me to spend eternity with.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys were meant to be! What a great meme!

Lisa M. said...

This was fun- Very fun, thanks.

Cheryl said...

This is great! Can I steal it?

Jamie J said...

Of course! Consider yourself tagged!

Cheryl said...

Whoo-hoo!! :)

Sarah said...

First kiss combined with new car smell? It sounds divine!

Hardys said...

K-I am sorry to evesdrop, but I love your blog and I stole your post because it is so cute! I hope you don't mind my evesdrop, check out my blog too!