02 August 2007

Go Padres!

So Spencer and I have been trying to make time to go to a Padres game all summer. They have 2 for 1 day games once a month and so we finally settled on today to go. You get two for the price of one tickets as well as hot dogs. Not a bad deal, eh? We were a little late getting there and as we were walking up the ramp screams and shouts erupt from the stadium. We had just scored the first of the game! Only it wasn't just your run of the mill score; it was a two-run homer. Yay Padres! After two nights of them losing to the Diamondbacks it was nice to see the Padres ahead of the game. 2-0. Not a bad way to start the game.

So we kept walking up to where our seats were. We knew they were going to be high, but little did we know I had bought tickets for the VERY last row of the stadium! We were so high up! It actually turned into a blessing because there wasn't anyone on either side of us for a few seats and no one behind us that Rachel could block the view of. Plus we had a pretty dang good view of the field.

The game was awesome! The Padres were definitely showing their stuff to the D-backs today. After the 2nd inning two-run homer the Padres were on a roll. They hit 3 more home runs--most of them multiple runs--during the game to make it 11-0 at the end.

Not only did the Padres shut out the Diamondbacks, but the day was perfect for it. We were worried we were going to be in the beating sun, but because we were so high up, there was only shade. Plus the breeze was delightful up that high. All in all a great day to spend at Petco Park with the family. I think we'll do it again next month...

Here's Rachel and I sporting some Padres hat love. :)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

So fun! My Dad was asking me about taking in a Padres game the next time they come down... we'll have to check out the two for one days!!

Scribbit said...

I LOVE baseball games. Especially on summer days when you've got some peanuts . . . first pro game I ever saw was the Mariners.

Rochelleht said...

Did you see Becoming Jane yet? What did you think?

Cheryl said...

I'm lovin' baseball games! I had never been to a professional game until we moved here, and now I've been to 3! They are super fun. I love how people don't really pay attention to the game, but still love to shout out at the players like they know what they're talking about... :)

nenana said...

my goodness, she's a cutie!