04 September 2007

I opened the windows!

After over a week of near 100 temperatures and running the air conditioning non-stop, we finally got some respite tonight. I opened the windows and didn't get blasted by unbearable heat. And they are still open! I LOVE having my windows open and despise having to use the air conditioning constantly--especially the unit in this apartment--so this is a glorious day for me! Let's hope it still continues to get cooler and cooler like the forecasters say so we can keep them open!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I still can't get within three feet of my windows - there is some serious heat going on in L.A. I even tried to get in the pool to cool down but the water was so heated from the sun that it was as refreshing as warm bath. Ick! I pine for your open windows...

Melissa said...

I'm in the same boat as Sarah... we've had record breaking heat. Not words you like to hear for the first few days of school... I'm not sure when it's supposed to cool down. But 112 in September is NASTY!!!

Jamie J said...

Just so you ladies know we were definitely in the same heat wave as you two. It finally cooled down today to 80 instead of 100. I hope it cools down for your as well!!

Cheryl said...

Ooh! We had the heat wave, too. The schools were so worried about it, they sent teachers home with the students so no one would get heat stroke sitting in their non-air conditioned classrooms. Luckily, it's gotten better. Only 80 today up in the Bay Area! East Bay, of course. You go over to Oakland and San Francisco, and it's a 20 degree difference (cooler). Weird.

Lisa M. said...

It's been lovely to have the reprieve from the heat!

Lets, hope it continues!