27 October 2007

Jamie 101

I saw this on someone else's blog and decided to steal it so here you are: 101 things about me, Jamie.

1. I bought Chewy Chips A Hoy today and ate 1/4 of the bag
2. It was a hormonal emergency
3. I used to hate my first name and at one point tried to get people to call me Lynn
4. There were 3 Jamie Lynn's in my High School graduating class
5. Now I like it
6. I especially like the fact that Rachel and I share the same middle name
7. I am married to a wonderful man that I love
8. I love Reese's Pieces
9. I'm staring at a small bag of them that I'm debating to eat or not
10. I stole them from Rachel's trunk or treat pumpkin stash from tonight
11. I already ate a Twix bar and Nerds plus the cookies earlier (see #1)
12. I like to cross stitch but don't have one that I like to work on right now
13. I'm thinking of taking up knitting
14. I love making bread but haven't had the drive to in a while
15. I have one beautiful daughter who will be 3 December 2nd
16. Spencer and I are trying to make her a brother or sister but it's proving harder than we thought
17. It's been over a year
18. I love the color blue, but lately I've been wearing a lot of red
19. I think red is my new favorite color
20. I grew up in a small town in San Diego county and I wonder if I'll ever live in that city again
21. I drive a Chrysler Sebring that we bought from my Dad
22. I miss my Tacoma sometimes that I bought after I graduated from college
23. Speaking of college, I went to BYU-Hawaii and graduated in 2001
24. I don't use my degree which I got in Exercise and Sport Science
25. I always have to think about how to spell exercise. I always want to add another "c"
26. I am glad I have a degree and can say I graduated
27. We are going back to Hawaii in December. I am going to be an aunt again and my brother is graduating. I am SO excited!
28. I can't wait for the day when Spencer is graduated from college
29. This is how old I am
30. I am super proud of him for getting this far
31. I love The Office
32. I think I am addicted to the internet
33. I have a small part time job that I love to do when Rachel goes to sleep
34. I am glad I can make a little money
35. My stomach is growling so I'm going to eat the Reese's Pieces. Yum
36. I am the middle child of 3-one brother and one sister
37. I love walking with my friends every morning and have missed it this week. The fires broke out and the air quality was too bad to be outside for long.
38. I hate doing the dishes so I'm glad that Spencer is in charge of the kitchen
39. I don't clean my house as often as I should
40. I hate to vacuum and we have a crappy vacuum so that doesn't make it very fun to do it
41. I want to buy a Dyson
42. I'm determined to own a Dyson
43. I had braces put on-with headgear-when I was 12 and got them off the week before I turned 16
44. We acquired a piano last month and I love that we have it
45. I wanted to take lessons when I was younger until about 12
46. My mom forced to continue until I was 15
47. I'm glad I know how to play the piano but I'm not very good any more
48. I love singing songs to Rachel when she takes a nap
49. Some of my toes are double jointed. I always wanted something that was double jointed but never realized my toes were until a few years ago
50. Sometimes when I'm thinking I like to scratch my belly--like I just did trying to think of something else to write
51. I twirl my hair and have since I had hair--before that I twirled my mom's hair
52. I like to sleep on my stomach with one arm up near my face and the other arm at my side
53. I have slept like that for as long as I can remember--except when I was pregnant and had to learn how to sleep on my side.
54. I am very particular about how my sheets are. I like the bottom sheet tight on the mattress and my top sheet and blankets smooth and straight on top of me
55. I am also very particular about how my closet looks. The shirts have to be facing the same direction
56. I don't mind doing laundry but hate hauling my clothes to the apartment laundry mat
57. I long for the day when I will have my own washer and dryer
58. I could live forever in my denim capris, a t-shirt and flip flops
59. I am very patriotic and cry when I hear or sing the National Anthem
60. We are reading a book about the founding fathers next month for book club and I'm very excited
61. I should be reading Frankenstein this month but I can't get into it
62. I have never broken a bone in my body but have had stitches two (or three, maybe) times
63. The only times I have stayed the night in the hospital are when I had a concussion when I was 11 and when I gave birth.
64. I wish I could grow my hair longer than shoulder length but it starts to look nasty when it gets too long.
65. I haven't highlighted it in years but I wish I could
66. Rachel has the same hair and hair line as me, but she can grow hers longer without it looking unhealthy
67. I always had short hair as a kid. My mom never let me grow it out. I finally grew it out when I was a junior in High School and didn't cut it for probably 3 or 4 years
68. That's when I learned I had some wave in my hair
69. Wheat Chex and Raisin Nut Bran are my favorite cereals. Too bad they are rarely on sale and I won't pay full price
70. I love a good bean and cheese burrito from a Mexican place
71. I feel good about myself when I cook a good, healthy, delicious meal for myself and my family
72. I hate peas
73. When I was a kid I would eat the balls that the brown sugar would make when it clumped together. My mom hated that
74. I can't believe I did that now
75. My feet used to be a size 7 but after being pregnant they grew to 7 1/2
76. When we are done having kids and they are older I want to go back to school part time and learn how to make web pages--although things will probably be a lot different when that time comes (I mean with the Internet)

77. I took an HTML class on-line last year and really enjoyed it
78. If I didn't work while Rachel was sleeping I would take another class right now
79. I also want to learn how to do digital scrap booking
80. I have never been to Europe but hope to before I die
81. I can type 61 wpm. I think that's pretty fast, but not as fast as Pam Beesley (she can type 90 wpm)
82. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas
83. I think Halloween is way more fun now that I have a kid
84. I look forward to Easter and our family tradition of homemade carne asada burritos
85. My fingers like to stay busy...I am always feeling or fixing Rachel's hair, twirling my hair, or touching something. I can't sit still for too long
86. I clench my teeth at night--and sometimes during the day--and can really notice it when I am under a lot of stress
87. My two front teeth are porcelain. When I was 4 I hit them and they rotted and fell out. My mom told me she was going to fix my teeth for 10 years and a year and a half ago finally did
88. I have 2 nephews on my side of the family
89. I crack my knuckles
90. I have a long board skateboard that I need to use more often.
91. I ate it really bad bombing a hill before Spencer and I were married so I will only go on flat surfaces now.
92. I have loved to read my whole life. When I was a kid I would read a whole Babysitter's Club book in an afternoon. During High School and college I didn't read very much though because I was always reading textbooks.
93. I joined a book club a year an a half ago and love it!
94. One of my favorite books is The Secret Life of Bees
95. One of the greatest things in life is to be laying in bed with Rachel on one side of me and Spencer on the other side
96. Since being married Spencer and I have lived in 4 different apartments
97. I am looking forward to the day when we can buy a house
98. I am so grateful for my family
99. I have a testimony that there is a God and he knows who I am and loves me
100. I know the Atonement is real and that if we apply the principles we can have the blessings
101. I am truly blessed with so much in my life

Okay go ahead, your turn. I want to see what you come up with!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

FYI - Wheat Chex were on sale at WalMart :) They always come on sale this time of year so that people can make their Chex mix stuff! It was $1.66 for the smaller box... not a bad price!
Can I ask what kind of work you do from home?? I've been looking for something to bring in a little extra money...

s'mee said...

This is great Jamie! All of my shirts are by colour, sleeve length, and yes, facing the same direction!

I grew up in San Diego County as well, That is my life's goal now, to get back there and breathe me some foggy, salty air every day.

Glad things are beginning to settle down there. wow.

Jamie J said...

thanks for the tip about Wheat Chex, Meliss! I have to go to Walmart on Tuesday so maybe I'll check it out.

I work for a company called City Accommodations. They run hotel booking websites. I manage the international hotels mostly to make sure they confirm the reservations in time. I don't think they are looking for anyone else right now but I can ask my bil.

DH and I also work for him writing blog posts about events that are happening in cities so people will buy tickets. I know he is trying his hand at other ventures and he may need some help with one of those. If you want I can give him your email and he can contact you if he needs help. Let me know.

Scribbit said...

And where are the pictures of you on that skateboard?? That's something I'd pay to see.

Amanda said...

That was fun to read! I would highlight your hair for you if I lived closer to you. Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad I finally sat down to read this. Sorry it took me so long! It's great to know you better. I'll do my 101 someday. Probably this week! But then again, I have another meme (that you did!) in my drafts that I haven't finished. Maybe I'll do the 101 first. Hmmm...
Anyways, I also loved The Secret Life of Bees. Oh, and I also steal my kids' Halloween candy. :)