12 October 2007

All about the Mama

I saw this at Tracy M's blog as well as Julie's so I just thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and do the Mama Meme. Enjoy!


1. How long have you been a Mom?
Since December 2, 2004

2. How many children call you Mommy/Mom/Mama?:
Just one...for now.

3. Girl? Boy? or both?
One beautiful little girl

4. Did you know what you were having?:
Yes we found out. Although I was convinced I was having a boy. Turns out my mother's intuition isn't tuned right! :)

5. How old were you when you became a Mom?
26

6. How long were you in labor?
About 4 1/2 hours. I went in to my appointment 2 days past my due date and the doctor suggested inducing me that night. I really wanted her to deliver me and she was going on vacation that weekend, plus I was already contracting and dilating. So we just helped it along. It was wonderful.

Apparently question #7 is missing. ?????

8. What was your least favorite thing about labor?
The shakes I got from the pitocin. Horrible. After the epidural I was fine, thank goodness.

9. Do you want more kids?:
Yep, working on that right now.

10. Do you plan on having more soon?:
Yep, see #9.

11. Does daddy change diapers?
Heck yes he does!

12. How many times have you been peed on?:
I don't think too many actually. Pooped on, now there's a different story.

13. Barfed on?:
Luckily no. Rachel has only barfed twice in her life...must have an iron stomach or something. One time was on my sister in law's carpet. The other all over herself in her car seat. Gross.

14. Is your child named after anyone?
Rachel and I share our middle name.

15. How did you come up with their name(s)?

We went back and forth on names. I liked Annie, Spencer liked Rachel. When she came out Spencer said, "Why don't we name her Rachel?" What woman has strength to fight after giving birth? Anyway Rachel fit her better, but I made sure her middle name was Lynn.

16. When your child(ren) gets in trouble, who is the bad guy?
We take turns.

17. And who is the good guy?
Spencer.

18. What is the longest you have been away from your child(ren)?
My dad and I drove to Utah for a funeral last year and Spencer stayed with Rachel. We left on Friday morning and were back Saturday night.

19. Kids bedtime routine?
Jammies on, brush teeth. I read books, we say our prayers and I kiss Rachel good night. Then Spencer sings.

20. Are your toes painted?
Usually. Red or pink

21. Last movie you saw in the theater?
Bourne Ultimatum--loved it!

22. Last time you had a date?
Last Friday. We went to Costco and Target--what fun! Seriously, it was! We have a date 2 Fridays each month because we do a babysitting swap so we decided to run some much needed errands last week! LOL

23. One thing you will not give up just because you are a mom?
Me time. Gotta have it for my sanity.

24. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom?
Lots more "me" time. LOL

25. Best Mom you know?
Of course that would be me. At least I try...that's all that matters, right?


Consider yourself tagged! Let me know if you do it so I can read yours too!

3 comments:

Julie P said...

We totally run errands on dates!

And your answer to #23. When I saw that I was like "that's totally what I should have said!"

Melissa said...

The reason you haven't been peed on more is because you have a girl. My boys were horrible for that!!
I think I'm going to do this meme in a few days! It's fun to read the answers :)

Cheryl said...

I got peed on more from my girls than my boys --but I think it's because I was used to the diaper routine of coverage by the time my boys came along. That and the horror stories. :) I need to do this meme, too...perhaps I shall!