18 October 2007

Day 3 of The Potty Training Chronicles

Well today was the day I was expecting to happen. She did stay dry this morning on our walk so that was good. However, we had a few accidents and resistance from Rachel. I kept telling her to go sit on the potty and she would say, "I already went enough" like she never had to go again. It was actually kinda funny.

During the day she would do the dribble test though. She would dribble in her underwear then realize she didn't have a diaper and tell me she had to go potty. I take this as part of the learning curve. I mean, she's been in diapers for almost 3 years. It's gotta take more than 3 days for her to get out of the habit. So we went through a few pairs of undies today.

Then tonight while I was making dinner she was in the kitchen with me. Then she jumped off the chair she was standing on and went in the living room. I was preoccupied coating raw chicken with corn flake breaded mixture that I wasn't watching her. All of a sudden she comes running in and tells me she wants to go poop on the potty! So I tell her okay and I'll meet her in there in a minute after I washed my hands. Unfortunately she hadn't made it to the potty before she went #2. I have to count myself lucky that this is her first real accident in three days so I'd say we are still doing pretty good.

Tomorrow we are going to the pumpkin patch so she will probably be going Pull-up clad because that will be our first real excursion since our adventures in potty training have started.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds to me like she is doing good. Keep up the good work!

Melissa said...

She is doing really well! For day three, I'd say she's doing awesome!

Jamie J said...

Amanda, thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope Rachel keeps it up!

Thanks, Melissa!