29 November 2007

Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial? I grew up with only real trees. To even say "artificial" was blaspheme. The first few years of our marriage I insisted on getting a real tree and loved it. Last year my mom offered a huge fake tree for us to use from her work and since I didn't want to spend money on a tree I said yes. We had to give it back then, but a month or so ago she gave it to us for good!

3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving! We got home on Sunday and by Sunday night the tree was up and decorated!

4. When do you take the tree down? Between Christmas and New Years. Since this tree is huge I can only handle it in our apartment for too long.

5. Which do you prefer: Hot chocolate. In fact, I might just go get some right now. Yum!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The only thing I can think of right now is the banana-seat bike I got when I was about 6. LOL

7. Do you have a nativity scene? 2 of them.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Spencer's parents

9. Easiest person to buy for? Rachel

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? A package of 3 fruit cakes. Does anyone need more than one? Or one for that matter??

11. Mail or email Christmas card? We've done both. This year I actually got photo Christmas cards and mailed them today. I am so on it! :)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Story--can't get anymore classic than that. Elf is a close second.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? About November when I realize I don't have much time left!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? See #10. We gave it to my Dad as a gag gift

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Uhhhh, food. LOL I don't know...I really love all the Christmas desserts and foods. I can't think of anything specific.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? Sorry I'm lame. I can't pick just one. I love them all.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like to stay home. We usually go to LA on Christmas Eve but I try to make Christmas Day just our family. I don't want to drive too far.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Yep - Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blizten and Rudolph

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? A star. I just bought it the other day!

Go ahead and do this if you want. Consider yourself tagged!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah :) I love hearing about how others spend their holidays... glad you did the meme!!

Scribbit said...

We have real trees--it's become such a tradition I don't know if we could ever go with artificial though they are so nice and easy.

Amanda said...

I did this on my blog. Thanks for sharing, it was fun!

s'mee said...

We started with real and made the switch for financial reasons one year and it stuck. Then it got crazy as I had put the word out that previous year about needing a cheap tree...and received several from different family members. Each kid got their own and the rest is history. We have a forest.

Cheryl said...

Jamie-
I just did this on my blog... :)