04 November 2007

Cute Bag

A couple weeks ago I saw a post on Tracy M's blog about making homemade bags. She said it was super easy so I printed out the pattern to try. Last night I dragged Rachel to the fabric store and picked out some cute fabrics.

I have to admit it took me a lot longer to do this than I thought because it was hard for me to visualize how to make it, but I'm so happy with the end result! Now that I've made one and know what it is that I'm making I'm sure the next few won't take me as long.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

The second one is TONS easier! :) I've mad 3 so far and have the stuff cut out to make 3 more! I am going to teach all the gals in my family how to make them when I go home in a few weeks!

Melissa said...

That should say "made" instead of "mad"...

s'mee said...

This is beautiful, and yes I agree, usually things like this are much easier the second time around! You should make a bunch in assembly line fashion and open yourself up an etsy account!

Cheryl said...

That looks great! I should learn how to make those...oh, wait...I can't sew to save my life! Cutting out a pattern sets my brain on fire. Seriously, I'm not made for fabrics. :) But I'm glad you figured it out! Maybe you could just make ME one... :)

Jamie J said...

Melissa, I'm glad they get easier. I am planning on making some for Christmas presents.

Cheryl, you just might be the recipient of a Jamie original. :)

Cheryl said...

Dear Santa (a.k.a. Jamie).... :)