27 January 2008

Our Beloved Prophet

I know that these posts are all over the blogosphere tonight, but I had to add mine. I was so sad to hear of President Hinkley's passing but also so happy that he is finally reunited with his wife. He has been our Prophet for so long and will always have a special place in my heart. I feel like he is "my" Prophet because he was the Prophet for so long. I have grown to love him as I have learned the Gospel from him and learned from his example of love.

There was a time when I was listening to General Conference and he commented that he loved the members of this church. At the time I was so touched and could actually feel the sincerity and love radiating from him. At that moment I realized how possible it was to be loved in that way. Also it made me further realize that the Savior does love us individually as well.

He has taught us so much during his service and he will be greatly missed. I leave you with the words to "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" which defines our beloved President Hinkley perfectly.

We thank thee, O God, for a prophet
To guide us in these latter days.
We thank thee for sending the gospel
To lighten our minds with its rays.

We thank thee for every blessing
Bestowed by thy bounteous hand
We feel it a pleasure to serve thee
And love to obey thy command.

3 comments:

S'mee said...

Jamie, I agree with you, I felt his love and concern and his upbeat "You're doing good, keep going!" attitude every time he spoke...to me! It always felt like he spoke to us one on one.

Melissa said...

I'm glad you posted on your blog! I think it's important for each of us to write these things down... you never know who might read it :)

Marcie said...

There really is no one quite like President Hinckley. P.S. Your family picture is absolutely adorable.