08 February 2008

First day of preschool

Like a devoted mother I didn't take a picture on Rachel's first day of preschool yesterday. Oh well, maybe I can get one on Tuesday and pretend it was the first day! :) Preschool actually started last Tuesday but if you've been reading my blog you know how the last two weeks went. She missed the first 3 days but we finally made it yesterday.

All the way there she kept saying how she was excited to go and then s we pulled in the parking lot she told me she didn't want to go anymore. I told her she'd have fun so we got out of the car and headed in. Now if you don't know Rachel personally she is a very adjusted little girl. Never had a problem in nursery. Only went through a small separation anxiety phase--would cry for a couple minutes if we left her with people--and is pretty friendly and trusting.

So as soon as we got in the class room she hung at my side for a minute then as soon as she saw the toys she was off. I never heard from her again the whole class time! (The teacher wants the parents to stay and watch the first day of class). So I'd say it was a success.

Now this weekend she is off to spend some time with her cousins. She loves her cousin and is so excited to go. I'm sure she'll have as much fun there as she did at preschool.

4 comments:

Hazen5 said...

She's growing up too fast. I remember when Spencer would bring her over when he Home Taught! She was just a baby barely walking!

THE YOUNGS said...

aw how precious is rachel! i miss seeing her. i hope all is well with you guys!!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad it went so well the first day! And I'm even more glad that she's finally better. For her and for you!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad that she was finally well enough to go!! And she did so well... woo hoo!!