20 February 2008

Troy Bolton is so hot!

I must have been the last person on the planet that didn't know who Troy Bolton was....until Monday. I finally watched High School Musical. And yes, just the first one. I realize I am almost 2 years behind on the HSM craze so it probably will be another year and a half before I watch HSM2. I have to say I was impressed. The songs were cheesy and the dancing was even more cheesy but it was enjoyable.

But I just have one question: Can they not kiss on the lips on the Disney Channel? Troy kisses Gabriella on the cheek when they are done with their call-back performance and then they try after the game but they never actually kiss. Not that I'm upset by this, on the contrary. I think it's great that there are clean family shows out there that I'm not embarrassed to show my kid--not that kissing makes the show inappropriate. I need to get back to my point. But seriously what is the harm in little kiss? You could tell the kids liked each other. We don't have the Disney Channel so the only exposure I have to their shows is the 10 days I was in Arizona watching Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Enlighten me all you Disney Channel watchers...

11 comments:

Matt & Brooke said...

Cute Blog Jamie, such a fun way to catch up. I think they kiss on the lips in HSM2, but i can't totally remember!

Melissa said...

Hmmm... I have no idea who Troy Bolton is... I haven't seen either of the HSM movies... and we don't have Disney chanel... so I can't answer your question either!

Cheryl said...

Oh, yeah. The reason they don't kiss is for the humor and build up. They also have many "close encounters" in the second one, but don't actually kiss until the end. So, no, I don't think it's a Disney thing, although I agree with you about it being clean!

Now you have to see HSM2 and Hairspray! Zac Effron in Hairspray is heavenly...

shay said...

Come on over anytime...my kids (or at least 5 of them) can give you a lesson in HSM from their board game to their card game to their video game trivia to karaoke. They all love HSM 1&2--or at least they did when it first came out.

Terina said...

to me it looked like a really tame version of grease. SO many things were exactly the same. the songs are fun in both. but gabrielles giggling in the second one pushed me over the edge. i sure hope i never giggled like that around boys.

Amanda said...

I'm with Cheryl, you must see him in Hairspray if you think he is hot as Troy Bolton.

The Price Family said...

oH yeah they kiss on the disney channel all the time. Hanna montana is always kissing her man..not that I watch that show hahaha

Hazen5 said...

Big Disney Fan here!!! I just took my girls to see the new Hannah Montana Concert Movie, We were dancing in our seats.

Brooke said...

Honestly? I finally buckled down and saw HM 1....and didn't like it that much. The cheesiness was too much. I did like some of it, but the acting was just too much for me. The hype really threw me off, cause everyone talks about it and loves it. Me? A tad, if at all. Sorry you fans!

Marcie said...

I think that the cuteness outweighs the cheesiness. They're both entertaining, but the first one has a better story line. They're currently making a HSM 3! Gwenyth LOVES these movies. I love how they are so clean too. I still need to see Hairspray!

Summer said...

I blog surfed over here from Cheryl's place.

I still haven't seen HSM. My mom tells me I simply must, but it just hasn't happened yet. Maybe I really should...