03 March 2008

Blog Post of Randomness

I just found out that I left a load of laundry in the washing machine (in the laundry room) for quite a few days. I can't even remember putting that load in the washer. It's a good thing that Spencer went in to the laundry room to buy a soda tonight. Otherwise a couple more days and those clothes might have been goners!
--------------------
Rachel has been saying some really funny things lately. When I bought her the Pigeon books a couple weeks ago I told Rachel I would buy the last one for her for her birthday. So she thinks her birthday is coming really soon. Last week we were talking about birthdays and I told her that my birthday is first, then Daddy's and then hers. She said, "It's okay I have your birthday?" I told her "No, I don't think so," laughing. So she said, "Ok I just want to share your birthday."
--------------------
Have you checked out Google Maps lately? We needed to take our car to get some work done on it. The mechanic that we went to sold his business to someone else and they raised their prices so we needed another one. I typed in auto shops into the Better Business Bureau and found one close enough. Type in 322 N El Camino Real, Encinitas, CA 92024 into Google Maps and click on the picture. You can see the whole neighborood around the business! If you zoom out you can see everything outlined in blue where Google has taken pictures of so much area. So cool.
-------------------
I despise Voldemort. I try to avoid it at all costs. On Saturday I had to buy a few final things for my special Jane Austen book club project (which is done by the way) and thought I could get a good deal there. I was reminded why I never go there: The employees there are such a joke. I bought something that I had a little question about and when I asked the employee for advice she just said something in such a snotty voice like I was annoying her or I was just plain stupid. I felt like saying, "Pardon me, but you work here lady."
-------------------
Lastly I must be totally losing my mind because on Saturday after my shower I noticed my hair didn't quite seem clean. I combed it and dried it, but it didn't have that "just shampooed" feeling. I have a routine that I follow in the shower every day but apparently I forgot the most important step! I realized I skipped washing my hair. Gross! I had to do the lean-over-the-bath tub-hair-wash after that.
-------------------
Well there you go. My random things post....Carry on.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

AHH! I want to know about your project! I hope you blog about it soon.

I have left things in the washing machine several times. It's gross.

"I just want to share your birthday"...priceless!

Melissa said...

I too am curious about your project! Can't wait to see what you've done!
I love random posts... I feel like I get to know people better by reading these little insights into their days :)

Hazen5 said...

You are so funny! I am so glad you found your clothes. It would have been awful to have them stolen.

bythelbs said...

I don't enjoy Voldemart either. One time I was there I asked three different employees where something was and they all said they didn't have it. I finally found it myself. Sheesh!

At first, I didn't get that you were talking about a community laundry room at first. I was wondering why your husband had to purchase a soda from the laundry room--like you were personally charging him or something. LOL.

Hope you don't mind I linked over here from a comment you left on my blog!

Susan M said...

I had to stop and think if I remembered to get all the laundry from the laundry room yesterday when I read this.

I've also forgotten to wash my hair and then did it in the sink. Or worse, forget to rinse the conditioner out!