04 March 2008

Wild Animal Park

A couple weekends ago we went to the Wild Animal Park with my Dad and his wife. Rachel and I hadn't been there for at least a year and it had been much longer for the others. My Dad and Karen bought passes so they had free ones for Spencer and I and then we just bought a pass for Rachel since it's only $6 bucks more than the regular price. They changed the tram ride so unless you have a pass it's $10 bucks!

To counter that they made more walking trails so you can see the animals. We didn't take any pictures but we saw the lions, the giraffes and the elephants. The male lion was roaring like he was angry. It was crazy to hear roaring like that in real life. The giraffes came up pretty close so Rachel was really excited about that. She loves giraffes for some reason.

Then we walked around some more and eventually made it back to the petting zoo and the duck pond. Rachel had tons of fun petting the deer. She also was feeding the ducks and loving it! It's so great that we have fun places to go for Rachel and to spend time with family!

Oh and she dressed herself that day, can you tell? She has been expressing quite the independence when it comes to dressing herself. The shoes really make the outfit. I just tell myself she's a trendsetter! :)






6 comments:

Cheryl said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

My #2 dresses herself now, too. And she's got quite the interesting style. ~sigh~

Lacey said...

hey i like the new backdrop pick, although maybe the flip flop mama needs to be a boot scootin for the winter!

Emily said...

I love wild animal park!!!! I miss San Diego!

One of my best friends is moving there (o'side) and so I'm totally planning on visiting!

I want to go to Sea World and just beach it!

Jamie J said...

Lacey, you're right! I'll work on getting something a little more spring or summery!

Emily, Let me know when you come. I'd love to hang out!

Hazen5 said...

Great shot of Spencer and Rachel with the Ears!! I miss the Wild Animal Park, we haven't been there in so long!

Michele said...

I love the pictures of Rachel. She looks cute in her dressed herself outfit. And I love her and dad with the ears :)