28 May 2008

10 Pictures

Thanks to my dear friend Cheryl you are all about to see my house in it's normal state. Here's what I was supposed to do: Take a picture of the following 10 things (immediately! No cleaning first!), and then tag 5 people to do the same on their blog. I just took these so this is how my house looks now...

#1 Your kitchen sink


#2 The inside of your fridge


#3 Your favorite shoes-Wow, my legs are really dry! I love these shoes and pretty much wear them every day. I've had them for about a year and a half. There's actually a story behind these flip flops. A couple weeks after I bought them we went to Arizona to visit Spencer's brother's family. My sister-in-law and I went for a late night brisk walk but these were the only shoes I had. I didn't know she was going to walk so fast or we were going to walk so far. About halfway I started to feel blisters forming but didn't want to say anything so I just kept walking. Then it started to really hurt. When we got home I had blisters on both feet but on the left foot they had broken open and were bleeding pretty bad. For over a week I couldn't wear normal shoes. I still have scars. So the left shoe has a stain on the strap but that doesn't deter me from wearing them cuz they are so comfortable!


#4 Your closet-I think the inside of my closet looks pretty normal, unfortunately it's the floor right outside the closet that doesn't...


#5 Your laundry pile-this is actually my clean pile. Yay! Yesterday I did all the laundry except one load, I just haven't folded it yet.


#6 What your kids are doing right now-As soon as Rachel saw me open the computer to do this post she asked to watch a movie. She's watching Blues Clues right now.


#7 Your favorite room in the house-My living room. I can sit on this comfy couch--it may not be pretty with how faded it is but it sure is comfortable--and watch tv or play on my laptop. I can also see the kitchen table and the kitchen so it's pretty central. This is where I spend most of my time.


#8 Your toilet--We just cleaned on Monday but I guess I forgot to empty the trash. Not bad, I'd say.


#9 Your fantasy vacation
There are many places I would love to go but here are only a few:
Ireland, New Zealand, New York and Switzerland



#10 Your self portrait-I really debated posting this because it's only 8:30 in the morning--not exactly quality self portrait time. Plus I have such short arms that I always look weird when I take my own picture. All in the name of self humiliation right? :)
Edited: I felt compelled to add an after picture so that this image isn't burned into your minds forever! It's kind of a funny angle because I put the camera on the edge of the couch on timer and had to lean down to make sure I was in the picture.


Okay enough self degredation today! Now I tag Doretha, Emily, Emily, Jen and Shay. Have fun!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yay! I'm glad you did this; and I'm impressed with your organized closet. Whoo-hoo! :)

Janelle said...

I love comfy couches. Your closet was impressive too.

Melissa said...

I'm not that brave!! :) My closet is trashed... and if we weren't having company coming tomorrow, I might consider getting it as organized as yours... but, um... yeah. It will take more than one day! :)

Jamie J said...

Awww, thanks for your compliments on my closet. Part of it is because we don't have too much stuff and the other is I hate just chucking things in there. If you want an accurate representation of my house the questions should have been of my kitchen counter or bathroom counter or even the kitchen table. That's where the real messes are! LOL

Susan M said...

I want to know whose idea it was to start a meme asking people to post pictures of toilets!

Wish I'd thought of it.

bythelbs said...

I love the normal state of your house! Y'all did not get to see my house in its normal state, but I have people visiting, so... Ask me to do it again next week and it would be a whole different story!

Michele said...

It was fun to get a look into your world. I am glad I don't have to do it because I would be too embarrased most of the time. Right now our closet is almost empty because of packing stuff but it still isn't organized. ugh. Something to try to do after the move.