20 May 2008

American Idol Finale!

Okay it is down to the Davids tonight. David Cook and David Archuleta. I hated the boxing analogy but I loved that they had Andrew Lloyd Webber back to help Archuleta. He had great feedback during the season.

Round 1: I loved Cook's version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. I think it fit him well. Although Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me fit Archuleta better I think. I would buy Cook's song on iTunes though.

Round 2: Cue the cheesy songs. I thought Cook did well with the song he chose but Archuleta poured on the cheese the way he should have.

Round 3: I loved that Cook sang a song he hadn't before and what he said about that. I think he knows he is not going to win against Archuleta and that it's okay. We've heard Imagine before and it was beautiful again tonight. He knows how to sing for the crowd and they love him! He deserves to win the whole thing and I hope he does well!

One thing though...what happens in 2 years if David Archuleta wants to serve a mission? Do you think he'll go on a mission?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Oh and who wants to come to San diego this summer for the American Idol Tour with me?? We went to the one a few years ago with Chris Daughtry and it was awesome!

9 comments:

Julie said...

You are much better at summing things up in just a few words! I have serious diarrhea of the mouth (or is it fingers when you're blogging?). Anyway, ditto on ALW -- he was one of the best mentors AI has had. His whole beef with Archie's eyes was driving me nuts, though.
Won't tomorrow night be fun?!

Jamie J said...

The difference is tonight I didn't feel like writing my summary while they were performing like I normally do. I did it at the end and since my memory is so bad I didn't have much to write about! haha. I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow!

Melissa said...

It was a good night! I still like David Cook overall... but I don't know. His heart just didn't seem to come through as much... maybe it's just me. I have to agree with Simon... I wish he would have sung "Hello" again. That is my all time FAVORITE AI song. Love it!!
I don't know about the mission thing. I've talked to my hubby about that too... I'm not sure what would happen!

Cheryl said...

I have no idea what will happen with David A. and a mission, but I have a feeling that even if he went, he would have a great comeback when he returned. He'd have to! But at the same time, he might not be able to go, because no matter where he went, people would know who he was and it would be a logistical nightmare. Perhaps his "mission" is to just be a moral/fabulous guy in the industry? Like Steve Young of the music world!

I guess I was the only one liking the cheesy songs. Oh, well. I also didn't think David C. sang U2 very well at all...but it doesn't really matter because I don't think David C. even wanted to win. Like you've said before, he'll do much better if he does NOT win. :)

bythelbs said...

Cheryl--Maybe you were just in a cheesy song kind of mood, needing to be inspired or something. :)

I think I was in an extra-tired kind of mood because I was not blown away by any molten-hot lava-ness. I thought they both did well, but DA did better and he should win.

Susan M said...

How much is it for tickets to the tour? If you end up with an extra, I might want to go.

I think David C is going to win.

Jamie J said...

The cheapest tickets are $40 but with all the charges it came to $100 for two. I haven't bought any yet but I really want to! This was such a fun season!

Hazen5 said...

I was thinking the same thing about his mission! I hope he goes.

Matt & Brooke said...

I am so in love with David Cook...his voice of course. I love your AI breakdowns! I've been lacking blogging lately, so I had to go back and read your old ones too!