23 May 2008

Drenched in a downpour and other things that aren't a post by themselves

So yesterday Rachel and I went to the Wild Animal Park. I knew that it was predicted to rain today but it was just supposed to be cloudy yesterday. We saw the elephants, the lion (no females in sight) and the giraffes. Then we rode their new Journey Into Africa tram. It was fun for Rachel to get closer to the animals. About 3/4 of the way through I looked to the north and noticed how dark the sky looked. I thought to myself that it is going to rain this afternoon so we better see the gorillas and get out of there. Not 2 minutes off the tram the drops started. And I'm not talking light sprinkle here, it was pouring! We were about as far from the parking lot as you can get so I put Rachel in the stroller and walked as fast as I could back to the car. Thunder was booming the whole way up and by the time I got to the car, I was soaked. My hair was dripping and my flip-flopped feet were cold. Did I mention all I was wearing was a t-shirt and jeans? At least I had the brains to bring a sweatshirt for Rachel. It was kind of funny going through it because it was just such a freak of nature storm. Unfortunately I didn't get the things I wanted to do afterward done because I went straight home to get in my jammies and call it a day.
---------------------

It's hard to teach your child about seasons when they keep jumping back and forth. Rachel is waiting for winter because that means Christmas and her birthday. When it's cold and rainy Rachel thinks we had summer earlier this week when it was almost 100 and now it's winter again.
---------------------

Rachel has been playing with her wooden train set almost non-stop for the last 4 days. Hence the must needed trip to the Wild Animal Park to get out of the house and regain my sanity. Otherwise it would have been, "Mama, can you play train tracks with me?" even longer than we did. I'm glad my brother and sister-in-law came over on Wednesday because they gave me a reprieve from the train tracks.
---------------------

I have had a headache for the majority of the last two weeks with the exception of when I take medicine. Anyone have any good ideas to get rid of headaches?
---------------------

I'm a Youtube.com nerd. You know how I know? I have seen almost all of the videos in Weezer's new video. Go watch it. It's hilarious.
---------------------

That is all for today. Rachel is asking me to play train tracks again....

8 comments:

Emily said...

What is with this weather? Our temperatures have gone from 112 to a high of 67 today. This is a shock to the system. Have fun playing trains. . .

The Roz's said...

as for the headaches... chiropractic adjustment to the neck! it works wonders!!

shay said...

That was some rainstorm! I think you probably have a little stress you're carrying around...thus, the headaches. I know of a good chiropractor if you need one.

Lisa M. said...

I agree with the seasons not knowing if it is their turn or not. Crazy weather.

How neat to visit the park. I'd love to be that close.

No clue on the headaches. That doesn't sound fun though.

It's been fun to catch up.

bythelbs said...

Headaches--blech!

Isn't water good for that? Proper hydration or something? The kind you drink, not the kind you get stuck in when freak rainstorms hit unexpectedly!

Hope your head feels better soon!

Janelle said...

How are you liking A Tree Grows in Brooklyn? We read it for book group. I hear Joy in the Morning, another book by Betty Smith, is a very worth while read as well.

Jamie J said...

Janelle, I'm liking the book. I'm only on the 2nd chapter but it's a very easy read and very interesting. I was really surprised to find out how old the book was.

Melissa said...

We really like the Wild Animal Park! We had zoo passes last year, but didn't renew, so we haven't been for awhile...
The rain has been so weird! It's been in the 80's here... average daytime high for this time of year? Upper 90's... not that I'm complaining!! :)
Sorry about the headaches... you don't think they are Scrabulous headaches, do you? :D I hope you find something to help with them...