02 May 2008

Dropping Quotes

So me and bythelbs were emailing today and she was super excited to win her "major award". When I called out the fact that I knew that was Christmas Story and I loved that movie our anonymous friendship was sealed.

I started thinking about all the movies I love and love to quote. Here are a few memorable ones. Feel free to drop some more!

Zoolander:
"They're breakdance fighting."
"It's a walk off"
"Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident."
"Oh, Snap!"
"You is talking loco and I like it!"

Elf:
"I love you! I love you! I love you!"
"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite."
"You smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa."

Tommy Boy:
"What'd you do?"
"Shut up Richard"
"Two, four, niner, five, six, seven..."

Wayne's World:
"If your gonna spew, spew into this"
"I never learned to read!"

A Christmas Story:
"Oh fuuuuudge"
"It's a major award!"
"I can't get up!"

Wedding Singer:
"Once again, something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"
"Everybody's saying that."

Strange Brew:
"I'll take you to the loony bin and I'll go to the brewery."
"Take off eh."

Princess Bride:
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die."
"I wasn't nervous. Maybe I was a little bit "concerned" but that's not the same thing."
"As you wish."
"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles"
"He didn't fall? Inconceivable." "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Nacho Libre:
"Nachooooooooooooooooooooooo"
"Ok... Maybe I am not meant for these duties. Cooking duty. Dead guy duty. Maybe it's time for me to get a better duty!"
"I was wondering if you would like to join me in my quarters this night... for some toast."
"You gotta be kidding me. Everything you just said, is MY favourite thing to do, every day! "
"Did you not tell them that they were the Lord's chips?"
"Chancho, I need to borrow some sweats."

Okay that's all for now. Your turn. What are some of your favorite movie quotes?--and it doesn't have to be from these movies.

13 comments:

Shelly said...

The Graduate

Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to you - just one word.
Ben: Yes sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Ben: Yes I am.
Mr. McGuire: 'Plastics.'
Ben: Exactly how do you mean?
Mr. McGuire: There's a great future in plastics. Think about it. Will you think about it?
Ben: Yes I will.
Mr. McGuire: Shh! Enough said. That's a deal.

Emily said...

Steel Magnolias

Truvy: Time marches on and sooner or later you realize it is marchin' across your face.

Clairee Belcher: Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

Ouiser Boudreaux: The only reason people are nice to me is because I have more money than God.

Truvy: Oh, honey, God don't care which church you go, long as you show up!

Clairee: Ouiser, you sound almost chipper. What happened today - you run over a small child or something?

Clairee: *Here*!
[Grabs Ouiser by the shoulder and positions her in front of M'Lynn]
Clairee: *Hit this*! Go ahead M'Lynn, *slap her*!
Ouiser Boudreaux: [Taken aback and confused] Are you crazy?
Clairee: *Hit her*!
Ouiser Boudreaux: *Are you high, Clairee*?
Ouiser Boudreaux: [In a frightened tone] Clairee, have you lost your mind?
Clairee: We'll sell t-shirts sayin' "I SLAPPED OUISER BOUDREAUX!" Hit her!
Annelle: [in a scared tone] Ms. Clairee, enoough!
Clairee: Ouiser, this is your chance to do something for your fellow man! Knock her lights out, M'Lynn!
Ouiser Boudreaux: [snatches away] Let go o' me!
Clairee: M'LYNN, YOU JUST MISSED THE CHANCE OF A LIFETIME! HALF O' CHIQUAPIN PARISH'LL GIVE THEIR EYE-TEETH TO TAKE A WHACK O' OUISER!

Truvy: Louie brought his new girlfriend over, and the nicest thing I can say about her is all her tattoos are spelled correctly.

Julie said...

Elf: (after the longest burp EVER)...Did you HEAR that?

Muppet Christmas Carol:
Well hoity toity, Mr. God-like Smarty Pants

The Jerk:
I'm in the phonebook! I'm really somebody now!

Tommy Boy:
Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug!

Nacho Libre: (I'm not quoting this well, but....)
Sometimes when a man is grown, he likes to wear stretchy pants.

Zoolander: (one of my top 5 fave funny movies, btw)
How can you expect children to learn when they can't even fit inside the building?

It's a walk-off.

Dan in Real Life:
YOU are a murderer of love!

Could I go on and on with favorite movie lines? Yes. I would say I have a plethora of favorites...

bythelbs said...

Christmas Story:

I like the Wizard of Oz.
You used up all the glue on purpose!
A crummy commercial? Sonnuva..
Flick? Flick Who?

Princess Bride:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
And remember, this is for posterity, so be honest.

Elf:

Fran-cis-co

Susan M said...

When my husband went to the dmv for his driver's license, he threw "blue steel" at the camera.

After Hours:

Mom, Mom, it's me!


Napoleon Dynamite:

Lucky!

I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're fat?

I caught you a delicious bass.


King of Kong:

Work is for people who can't play video games.

There's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.

Stop playing Donkey Kong and wipe my butt!


Sponge Bob Movie:

Step aside, and you won't have to feel the awesome wrath of our mustaches.

Evil Plan Z is way ahead of you, baby.

We did it! We made it through all of the ugly hideous monsters!---Not you guys! You guys are awesome!

Jamie J said...

"Chancho, sometimes when you are a man you wear stretchy pants in your room. Its for fun."
Love it!

bythelbs said...

Napoleon! How could I leave out Napoleon?!

I like your sleeves--they're real big.

My lips hurt real bad!

Gross!

Do the chickens have large talons?

Heck yes!

Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day.

OK, I could go on forever!

Cheryl said...

Monty/Grail:

Whatcha gonna do, bleed on me?

Run-a-way! Run-a-way!

She's rich, she's beautiful, she has huuuuuuge...tracks of land...

Zoolander:

An ooglizer, one who speaks at funerals.

Merman...cough, cough...Merman!

Tommy Boy:

It hurts here...not so much here, or here...but right here...

Fat man in a little coat! Fat man in a little coat!

Napolean Dynamite:

Well, that was a waste of money.

Cheryl said...

Oops! It should be "oogoogalizer".

Janelle said...

I never have movie quotes in my head. I only have the rolling soundtrack like Ally McBeal that is instantly triggered by anything and everything just like my grandma. If anyone walks into a room this is what my grandma sings:
"Here she is... Miss America."

But typically I change the words to songs to meet the moment. Right now I'm working on a post for my blog that has new lyrics to I like Big Butts by Sir Mixalot. But if I could relate to any of your commenters it would have to be the Steel Magnolias quote. I do know/love that one.

Julie said...

I am laughing at loud at all of these! Seriously. Out loud. And I love that we have such similar taste in movies, all of us!

Jamie J said...

Julie me too! This is one of my favorite posts ever!

Cheryl, I totally forgot Monty Python! "It's only a flesh wound."

Marcie said...

What a fun post! I love quoting movies also but I can't think of any at the moment. I LOVE the movie Nacho Libre and reading those quotes made me laugh. Also, The Wedding Singer is classic and the first quote is one of the best from the movie. Adam Sandler has the best angry voice!