17 June 2008

It's a Random Day

So I have all these thoughts running through my brain today that I want to get out. Enter the random post.

*I turned on the TV tonight to have something on in the background while I blog and the only thing worth watching was America's Got Talent. For the record I've never watched this show but I might just start. There were two acts that I saw that were amazing! This little girl, Kaitlyn Maher, is 4 years old. It's hard to believe that in 6 months that is how old Boogers will be. Boogers loves to sing and, I think has a great voice, but I doubt that she would be able to do something like that. And then there were these guys. I have never seen anybody play the violin like them.

*When I was driving home tonight I saw a gas station with $4.55 a gallon and I thought that was a deal. The good news is that I only spent $35 bucks...for a little more than half a tank. Ouch!

*Boogers and I went to the pool for 4 hours today. It's always so tiring spending hours in the sun doing nothing. I always feel bad telling T-Bone that we spend all day at the pool while he's slaving away making a living for us--especially when I tell him how exhausted I am. Being a stay at home mom is rough, ya know?

*My brother borrowed T-Bone's surfboard when he was here a month ago. He left it at my mom's house because it was more convenient since they were staying there. I had to pick up some other things in her area tonight so I decided to get the board also. Let me tell you I almost had a heart attack. I hate having the responsibility of strapping that board on the car and driving home. At one point I wasn't driving any faster than 55 miles per hour on the freeway--not consciously, but because I was too freaked out. At one stop light I glanced up through the windshield to make sure I could see it. I couldn't at first. I can't tell you how my heart dropped. It was dark and there was a shadow on it but it was there luckily!

*So that is all I have for you today. I leave you with a gem of a thought found on our neighborhood church marquee:

"Forbidden fruits make many jams."

10 comments:

bythelbs said...

I didn't realize America's Got Talent was on again. I haven't watched TV in days. That's really weird for me.

I love church marquees. One time our local church had "Hang in there, even Moses was once a basket case." I'm betting there's somekind of marquee book filled with cheesy religious puns that they're all using.

Jumbo Shrimp said...

bythelbs, that quote is awesome!

Melissa said...

I watched America's Got Talent till the Burlesque dancers... and then the crowd was just nasty. It made me mad how they screamed and yelled at people on stage... so I ended up turning it off!!

Melzie said...

I'd never seen the show either, and the little girl made me cry- and the boys playing violins- WOW!!!! It was awesome. I watched as I folded laundry. :)

kjehansen said...

Being out in the sun for that long is exhausting. I love that she loves to swim now.

Michele said...

I love the church marquee! And yay for swimming. Check out the board for some good news if you haven't been there already :).

Melzie said...

I didn't see a way to email you on here- but I use to read you all the time-- and then.. stuff happened, and I got in a funk, and I deleted my blog, then I put it up again, deleted, etc, etc. TTC-- is depressing, and we've had a lot of heartache over it- which was what my blog had turned into- then, I started over, again, and so. I was "Frog Thinks This" forever, like 2 years-- so maybe that helps?

Janelle said...

Cute sign. I'll remember to steer clear of those forbiden fruits! I am allergic to kiwi.

Susan M said...

Thanks for the video of that little girl. She is too cute! Plus they were playing Eva Cassidy in the background, one of my favorite singers, ever.

I'm a sucker for a violin/fiddle.

Knotty Britta said...

And I'm complaining about 4.05 for gas. Yikes.