14 August 2008

What I've been up to

So life's been a little crazy for me the last few weeks. That's why I haven't been around much. Here's what's been going on:

*We got our move-in date yesterday for our new apartment. We will be getting our keys next Tuesday and probably moving Thursday or Friday. Consequently I've been getting things ready for that. It's no fun.

*My friend, Lacey, and I are throwing a baby shower for another friend in a couple weeks. I've been making the invitations for that. It was my first time making a mass amount of homemade cards and I think they turned out okay! I finally finished the last few today and got them mailed out. Hooray!

*I made this hat for another friend who's baby shower I went to on Tuesday night. I've made hats with this same pattern before but this is the first time I ventured out and made some changes. I added a pom pom and some designs for a couple rows. I was pretty proud of it.


*A couple days ago I went on my porch and found this! When T-Bone and I were in Hawaii for my brother's graduation I bought this plumeria plant. On the package it had very strict directions for planting. It also said that it would take 1 year to grow leaves and then another year to grow flowers. I was pretty surprised when it started growing those wierd claw-like things out of the stem. Then when I saw the lighter green stem grow I got even more excited. And now flowers! And they smell like Plumerias too--imagine that! There are quite a few more buds there too that haven't bloomed. Guess it didn't take 2 years after all!



*I just spent half an hour talking to a lady from the Union-Tribune newspaper about my "momtourage." I didn't really even know what a momtourage was at first but I talked to her anyway. I told her how I'm surrounded by wonderful friends, family and internet friends. I never thought I'd be that kind of a person, but I read message boards and blogs and I'm glad I do. I told her about my blogging friends and how you all have been such a support to me. I have "met" wonderful ladies who are going through similar things and it has been a huge help over the last few years. Who knows I might be in the newspaper soon! Ah!

*Yesterday I registered Boogers for real Preschool. Last semester she went to the High School program for an hour and a half twice a week. This time she'll be going for 3 hours twice a week. She is thrilled. Every morning when we walk past the communtiy center she tells me "That's my new preschool, Mom. When do I get to go?" I'm looking forward to the social interaction and the educational stimulation she will get. She needs that. I'm also looking forward to more time for myself. On to the next thing...

*One of the reasons why is because my sister-in-law asked me to be a part of a boutique she is involved in in November. We are going to be making hand knitted toys. So I have to exercise those fingers and knit away. I'm actually looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll make some money!

*Sunday is mine and T-Bone's 6th wedding anniversary. Wahoo! It seems weird that we've only been married 6 years because it seems like we've been together for as long as I can remember but at the same time it seems like 6 years is a long time. I'll do another post about that later.

So I guess that's it. I probably will be around on and off for the next little while so don't be offended if I don't comment on your blog! :)

8 comments:

Summer said...

That hat is really cute!

I hope you and your husband have an awesome anniversary.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I love the hat, it looks great. Do you have any of the invites left? I'd love to see your card-making handiwork. Glad to see a new post from you, everybody is so busy in the summer!

Shelley said...

I'm so so so jealous you have Plumerias! AND that you know how to knit... that's kind of one of my goals in life. lol Anyway, I linked you on my blog! Have a fabulous weekend!

Julie P said...

I love "momtourage" - how fun if you're in the paper! Good luck with the move, too. Never fun.

HMomma said...

Hey Jamie!
LOVE the hat!
As for the plumeria's it took mine 3 years to bloom in Chicago! = ) I love, love, love the smell!
Great minds think alike! My 12th anniversary is on Sun!
Happy Anniversary to you both!

Cheryl said...

WOW! You have been so crazy busy! I'm excited for your move, the boutique thing, being in the paper, your gorgeous flowers, etc. etc. I'm glad things are going well. Oh, and Happy Anniversary! Look at you, all busy and happy. I love it. Because you deserve it. :)

flip flop mama said...

motwb, here is a link to the invite I did. It's really simple, but I like it. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/jamiejohnston/Publication1.jpg

shelly, knitting isn't that hard! I can help you but knittinghelp.com is a great resource!

hmomma, I didn't know we shared an anniversary. Happy Anniversary to you too! Wow, I guess it depends on what the climate is like for the plumerias to bloom.

cheryl, thanks! I'm not always happy but it's nice to be busy and productive.

Melissa said...

You have been busy! Good luck with the move and happy anniversary and good luck with the knitting and and and... :)