24 October 2008

A little Friday randomness

First and foremost, the Weezer concert? Awe.Some. T-Bone and I had so much fun. They played great songs and I just stood there and sang to them all. About 3/4 of the way through the concert they start playing what sounds like Pink Floyd. Everyone is kind of looking around wondering what is going on when they actually start singing "Time"! It was classic. (Obviously it sounded much better live.) After a couple more songs they left the stage but the lights stayed off so we knew they were coming back. All of a sudden all these people start walking on the stage with random instruments. Turns out there was some radio station contest and a bunch of people won a chance to play on stage with Weezer. They all brought their instruments and then sang Island in the Sun and Beverly Hills. It was pretty sweet. We had seats like 2 rows from the back so it was kind of hard to see everything but we had a blast. Totally worth spending my birthday money on.

------------------------
Did you know it's the 24th of October? That means it's 2 months until Christmas Eve. Holy Moly.

------------------------
We went to Bates Nut Farm last weekend to pick a pumpkin. Boogers had a blast. They had a little pony ride and that's all she wanted to do. So we forked over the $4 bucks to ride a pony for 2 minutes but watching her face light up was so worth it. While she was waiting for all the other kids to get on their ponies she was kicking her's to get it going! Of course that started all of them moving so the workers had to stop them! We were cracking up watching her!


------------------------
Here's a hilarious video of a wedding. Was it yours??

------------------------
Have you been following everything that has been happening in California lately regarding Prop 8 and same sex marriage? It's a huge deal and something that could change California and possibly the rest of the United States. Cheryl has some great pages with links here, here and here and she doesn't even live in California. We are going sign waving tomorrow to show our support.

------------------------
I'll be putting a couple more things up on my etsy store in the next day or so, so check them out! Oh and Summer made me a header and an avatar for my store. What do you think?

------------------------
Our ward is having their trunk or treat tomorrow and Boogers is so excited. She is going to be Belle for Halloween and has been talking about it for months. I got her some play jewelry today to go with her dress and she hasn't taken it off all afternoon. She even asked to sleep with it. I don't know how these girls just suddenly love princesses. We never did anything to encourage this but one of her other friends is going as Belle too and her other one is Cinderella. I hope she has a good time. Pictures to follow!

------------------------
Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I've always wanted to go to Bates Nut Farm. I think we are going to Riley's next week. Your pictures are awesome!
I'm glad you had a great time at the concert. It sounds like a lot of fun.
The banner on your etsy shop is cute! Very fun.
We were going to wave signs tomorrow, but my parents are coming tonight... actually, I think they might have just pulled into the garage :) Good luck with that tomorrow!

Susan M said...

Sounds like Weezer was a blast! I saw them once and was kinda surprised at how fun it was. You just can't beat a whole stadium singing along to every song!

Shauna said...

What awesome pictures! I love this time of year :)

bythelbs said...

Sounds like a lot of fun-ness going on around your house. Glad you had such a good time at Weezer!

Oh, and I like these random posts with little bits and pieces of this and that--they're fun!

binders said...

Cute pictures! Looks like a good time was had by all.

Maile Fano said...

Hey there, I tagged you in my blog. Those are some nice pics of boogers.

Leslie said...

Love that wedding video! :)

Cheryl said...

Brandon showed me that wedding video earlier last week and I about died! I can't even imagine.

I'm glad you had a great time at Weezer! Awesome! I love concerts...not as much as Susan M, of course...but I still like 'em... :)

Wendy said...

Glad you had a blast at the concert!

The pictures are adorable!

staceygirl said...

Weezer did the same thing in SLC. I thought it was really cool and something those kids will remember forever. Kallie tried to put on Paige's Cinderella dress yesterday, and she kept saying, "Lella." So cute!