02 December 2008

4 Years Old

Today Boogers turns 4.

I have a four year old.

That's just crazy to me. She has been waiting for months for her birthday so she is totally thrilled that it is finally here. She knew that she had to wait for mine, then her Daddy's and then it was hers. So consequently since the end of October she has been obsessing. It started way earlier than that but I had to make a count down calendar so that she would stop asking me every day, "Is today my birthday?" This morning when we told her it was her birthday and she was finally 4 she said, "I'm done with three?" She couldn't believe her birthday was finally here.

Boogers is both a joy and a challenge in our family and I love her for everything. Here are just a few things about her on her special day.

She loves her blankies and smells them- whom she calls "Pink" and "Yellow"

She loves plain tortillas, spoonfuls of peanut butter and cereal

She has become a Princess fanatic and is having a Princess birthday party

We have to read her 3 books every night. She loves books

She loves music and learns songs very quickly

Lately she has been a big "helper". She wants to help Mom do everything

She loves "twirly" dresses. It's not a dress unless it twirls

She doesn't want to get bigger. She always wants to stay "her size"


Life would not be the same in our family without our sweet Boogers and I am so grateful I have her. Happy Birthday Princess!



Here are a few of my favorite pictures from her life:


16 comments:

Callie said...

What a great homage to Boogers! Beautiful pics too!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, Boogers!

Cheryl said...

Aww, I love those pictures! Happy Birthday, sweetie!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Boogers! What a cutie pie!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

She's such a little sweetheart, I love the pictures. I hope she has an awesome/beautiful princessy day. :)

Bobbi Jo said...

Boogers is beautiful just like her mommy. Tell her Happy Birthday from some lady in Arizona. Love the pictures. What a wonderful little girl.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Melissa said...

Hurrah for birthdays! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Your pictures are awesome - I hope you are having a great day :)

Summer said...

What cute pics! Happy Birthday to her!

Shellybythesea said...

She's my sweetie pie!!!

bythelbs said...

Happy Birthday! She's so adorable--I love the "I'm done with three?"

Hope you all had an awesome celebration!

Kristen said...

Dang it! The present is on the way. What a loser aunt!

Janelle said...

The upside down pic is fantastic.

Please emerge from your blogging slump.

Looking forward to your next post.

Janelle

Katie Harding said...

WOW! I can't believe that she's getting so big!!!! I always look at Rachel and think to myself "Lucy will be like that in a year" and suddenly feel so blown away! I love Rachel's baby picture! It's so obviously her! She so beautiful!

. said...

I love the fact you call Racheal boogers...I call Allie booger butt. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! She is one awesome kid.

Emily said...

the beach photo is my fav... where she's bending down... so adorable!

happy bday little girl!

4 rocks!!

madhousewife said...

Oops, missed this one. Happy belated birthday, Boogers!

But she is SOOO cute! What a beautiful baby!