16 January 2009

Holy. Cow.

That's how I feel right now.

My brother-in-law sent an email last night about tickets to Hawaii being super cheap from San Diego. I decided to check them out and see how cheap they were this morning. One way tickets from San Diego to Honolulu for $115 bucks.

Yes $115 bucks.

Crazy huh?

So even more crazy? We bought those tickets to go to Hawaii. They're for next Friday. Ahh! I'm so excited! I don't know what excites me more--going to Hawaii to see my brother, sister-in-law and niece or just doing crazy things like this on a whim.

I love being spontaneous and yet we don't get very many chances to do things like this. Luckily we have a tax return coming and this will be our last ditch effort at a family vacation before the baby comes and probably for the next year or so.

So if anyone is itching to go to Hawaii, check out Hawaiian Air. The deals are too hard to pass up!

Aloha!

(Oh and today I'm 22 weeks pregnant! Another Holy. Crap! I'm so grateful!)

14 comments:

Callie said...

Wow that is wonderful! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii! Have fun!

Melissa said...

You have got to be freakin kidding me!! Tell me you're kidding?? Hmm... doing some calculations... wondering about tax returns... oh... I WANNA GO!!!
Sigh. Have fun ;)

Cynthia said...

Good for you for doing something so sponteneous and fun! You'll have the fun of both the moment and the memory. Lil' sis did a similar thing last year to go see Garth Brooks in San Diego. The tickets were like $800 and it was crazy and last minute and she says it was the best money they spent. It makes her smile whenever she thinks of it. GO! and have a great time.

May I as which airline? Our friends have family there- family that own condos! They are always saying we should go as couples. I think I'll go call her now! My hubs has never been there.

Julie said...

I'm so happy for you because I know how incredibly awesomely wonderful that place is! It's paradise!

And spontaneity is really so fun, isn't it?

flip flop mama said...

Cynthia, they were on Hawaiian Air. Good luck!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Hooray for you on both Holy. Crap!s. :)

Jen said...

That's awesome!!

Awnya Boam said...

Congrats! Enjoy the trip to Hawaii! That will be so fun! I think the closest I will get to a hawaiian vacation will be a smoothy and a couch in the sun. ;o)
And congrats on your upcoming little boy!

Staceygirl said...

That sounds pretty good right about now...

Scribbit said...

You can get steals like that. Our last trip they had tickets round trip from Anchorage to Kahalui for $333. What a deal.

If you haven't read it already you ought to get the "revealed" tour books. They have one for each island, "Maui Revealed," etc.

Shelley~Maren said...

Jamie! Get outta here! (Well, you will...) Seriously, take a TON of pictures! I wanna see them! I'm so homesick, you have NO idea! And YAY for 22 weeks! :-D

Susan M said...

Wow, seriously? We were talking about trying to go to Hawaii for our 20th anniversary next month, but I'd written it off as impossible. This is crazy!

flip flop mama said...

Susan, there still are tickets available if you are flexible. Check them out!

bythelbs said...

Awesome! Enjoy!