12 January 2009

Making progress

With the exception of a couple times this last week, Boogers has always said she is having a baby sister. She has refused to accept the fact that I am, in fact, having a boy. But today we made some progress. So Boogers and I were at the park today and she comes up to me and gives me a hug. Then we have the following conversation:

Boogers: I've been tricking you.
Me: About what?
B: It's not a baby sister, it's a boy. I've been tricking you for a long time.

Then she smiles and gives me another hug and runs off.

It's nice to see it only took a week for her to come to grips with the fact that she is not going to have a baby sister. At least we are making progress!

10 comments:

Summer said...

Haha! Whatever makes her happy right?

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

She's so cute & smart. :D

Cynthia said...

What a sweetheart. I'm sure she'll make an awesome big sister.

Melissa said...

That is progress!! I'm glad it only took a week :)

Susan M said...

How adorable!

bythelbs said...

What a cutie.

When I was pregnant with my 2nd (a girl), my 1st (a boy) was not so eager to accept that there was no little brother in my tummy. So he decided the little brother was in his tummy. He even named him.

Shellybythesea said...

She's a smart little cookie!

Lacey said...

I didn't tell you, but at the park she did tell me she was having a baby brother!

Callie said...

LOL! How cute!

Motherboard said...

LOL! That's funny!

My oldest wanted me to send my son back-- cause he was broken. Girls don't "look like that and they can't play Barbies!"