13 February 2009

Mushy Valentine's Stuff

I saw this husband meme over at a bunch of my friend's blogs (Cheryl, bythelbs, Susan M)blogs and decided to jump on the bandwagon.  And I guess it fits with Valentine's Day being tomorrow and everything.

How long have you been together?
We've been married 6 1/2 years and together a little longer than that. (Since October 2001)

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Sort of knew who each other was from the Single's Ward. We'd hung out a few times so I guess a few months. Technically though we've known each other for  a lot longer. We were both in the same Primary class when we were 8.

Who asked who out? 
On our first date, he did. But that's not how we got together. 

How old are each of you?
We're both 30. I'm a month older than him.

Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
Mostly mine since we see my sister fairly often. All of his, except two, live out of town.

Do you have any children together?

Yep, one and one on the way!

What about pets?
We have a fish named Red Fish who is about to celebrate his one year birthday living with us. Pretty impressive for a Beta.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Not seeing each other on a regular basis due to schedules and stuff. Emotional issues are pretty tough too.

Did you go to the same school?
One of the colleges we both went to was the same (Junior College), but nothing else. 

Are you from the same home town?
No, but the same Stake

Who is the smartest?
Both of us are smart in our own ways. I have been a better student, but I forget things. Once he learns something he never forgets it.

Who is the most sensitive?
Sometimes me, sometimes him.  We trade off.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
It varies. Usually Mexican food or Italian.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Just us? Mexico or Northern California. As a family? Hawaii.

Who has the craziest ex’s?
I have more than he does so probably me.

Who has the worst temper?
Me. 

Who hogs the bed?
We've gotten the sharing thing down pretty good.

Who is more stubborn?
It's a tie.

Who is more jealous?
Probably him, but I get pretty jealous of my time with him.

Who does the cooking?
Me. We've tried on and off over the years to give him one day a week where he cooks, but it rarely works out. Not that his dinners rarely work out, just the planning.

Who is more social?
Me. Poor guy has to sit in an office all day while I'm galavanting around town with my friends.

Who is the neat Freak? 
We take turns I think. There days I cant stand certain things and the same thing happens to him. I clean up around the house though mostly--which would explain it's current state.

Who wakes up earlier?
We both pretty much wake up at the same time--although it's usually me that gets up with Boogers and he stays in bed for a few more minutes. 

Where was your first date?
We went to an Italian place in La Jolla. 

Who has the bigger family?
He does.  T-Bone's 6th of 7.  I’m 2nd of 3.

Do you get flowers often?
A couple times a year. I'm cool with that though. 

How do you spend the holidays?
We take it easy. Usually hang out with family.

How long did it take to get serious?
Well our relationship started on a weekend trip to Conference. We started dating and dated for a month then I broke it off because it was a little too physical for me. Then a month laster we picked it up again--after we knew each other a little better--and by February I knew I wanted to spend Eternity with him. We were engaged in May.

Who does the laundry?
I do.  But he'll carry it to the laundro-mat in our apartment complex when I ask him.

Who drives when you are together?
Usually me. 

Is your family still growing?
Yep, one on the way right now. We'll see what happens in the future.

So there you go. T-Bone and I in a nutshell. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 

 

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

I just realized I missed one --it was the Temper one. I'm not sure how I forgot that on mine, but oh, well!
(I have the worst temper, too!)

So funny that you knew each other when you were 8!

bythelbs said...

Fun stuff! Love reading these!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Loved these! PS-I'm the driver too.

shay said...

Fun read!

Callie said...

Oh I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Susan M said...

OK, but how did you guys get together? Same primary class when you were 8, that's so cute!

I love that your fish is named Red Fish.

flip flop mama said...

Susan, the short version is we went on a road trip to Conference as friends. There were a few other people that wanted to go but they all bowed out in the end so it was just us two. We talked the whole way up and back and then he kissed me when we got home.
Here's the long version: http://jamiewearsflipflops.blogspot.com/2008/08/conference-trip-part-2.html

Susan M said...

Oh, I remember that blog post now! It's a good story. :)

Staceygirl said...

How can you say who is smarter? I think your answer is perfect... Russ and I were just talking about that yesterday. We both have strengths and weaknesses. You two are great for each other.

I always laugh to remember when we traded in our queen bed for a king.

Me: Aw, now I can never touch you again.
Russ: That is the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

Ha ha. We laughed long & hard about that.

flip flop mama said...

I wish we had a king bed. My answer would be Russ'. I hate to be touched when I'm sleeping.

Marcie said...

This was very fun to read! SO cute that you were in the same Primary class. :)