04 February 2009

On a less itchier note

Later in the day last Monday we drove over to the North Shore to Laniakea Beach. This is a place where the turtles come up on the beach to bask in the sun. You can get withing 20 feet of these beautiful animals. In all my 2 1/2 years of living in Hawaii--I've even been surfing at this beach (just a little farther down) I never knew about this little cove but I'm so glad we went. I had seen turtles in the water from up above, but never that close.

They have volunteers there that keep the people away from the turtles--there's also a rope--and giving out information. Each of the turtles have names and the volunteers have gotten to know them so that they pretty much know when each turtle will come out of the water. Boogers was very chatty once again and made friends with one of the volunteers.





9 comments:

Bryn said...

You are getting some amazing pictures! You look great! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Yes! I recommend the boob bottle! It is expensive, though. I am really excited for you. Need boy stuff? I have a ton!!

flip flop mama said...

If you want to give it to us, we'll take it. I don't have anything! LOL

madhousewife said...

COOL TURTLES!!! That is awesome. Now I want to go to Hawaii. Only not with the kids. :)

Cynthia said...

Wow! That's amazing. How fun.

Shelley~Maren said...

I've never seen the turtles either. What a cool experience!!! Again, Thank you for the pictures!

knitkumpoop said...

Very cool. I bet the turtles will be a great memory for Boogers.

bythelbs said...

Very cool. And beautiful pics.

Melissa said...

So AWESOME!! What a fantastic memory for you guys :)

Susan M said...

My husband has stories of riding sea turtles in Hawaii in the water. I never really believed him until now.