26 February 2009

A Pregnant Update

I know I haven't posted about my pregnancy very much on the blog and that has been a conscious decision, but people have been asking me how I'm doing so here's the update. I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow. Crazy that I'm still pregnant, huh? I am very grateful. Buckethead--as T-Bone likes to call him--is doing well. I just had an appointment today and his heart rate was in the 140's where it's been from the beginning. I've gained a little more weight than I should but what can you do but eat when your body is constantly telling you it's hungry? I'm going to try to make a conscious decision to exercise more despite the fact that my feet don't like me to be on them.

I'll tell you this though, this pregnancy has been so much different than Boogers'. I was working full time so in a way it's hard to compare but I'm going to do it anyway. I remember being really hungry with her the first few weeks and then that leveling out--especially as I was sick in the 1st trimester. With Buckethead I have just barely stopped eating at night about a week ago. I would get up in the middle of the night to pee and then have to have a snack. I physically could not make it through the night. If I didn't eat, I couldn't fall back asleep. So I'm hoping that my weight evens out now that I don't have those extra calories. We'll see though, I'm still ravenous during the day.

Also with Boogers I had horrible sciatica. Sitting was painful, standing was painful, laying down was painful, turning over in bed was painful. Yeah, you get the point. This time all I've had is pelvic pressure the last month or so. I get uncomfortable, but I'm so grateful I can get out of bed by myself. With Boogers T-Bone would have to push me or pull me so I could sit up. Don't get me wrong, I am starting to get uncomfortable. I've been really bloated and swollen the last few days. I'm trying to drink as much water as I can but my fingers and toes always end up like sausages by the end of the day.

He moves so much different than Boogers did too. She rolled and pushed a lot but this guy just seems like he's flailing in there. People have always said that each pregnancy is different and boy is that true.

Still no name, so don't ask. :) So there you go. I still have 3 months left, things are going the way they should and I'm happy to still be pregnant.
____________
I will be out of town this weekend for a girls get together in Vegas! I'm meeting some blogging buddies for a girl's weekend to celebrate Cheryl's 3oth birthday. Yay! Catch ya on the flipside!

12 comments:

Shauna said...

Thanks for the update! ♥ Hugs :)

Shellybythesea said...

Mom's advice - skip the exercise and eat as often and as much as you need. Lay down and put your legs up on a pillow from time to time to get the blood from pooling in your feet. And that's it!

Callie said...

So good to hear everything is going well with you and Buckethead! HUGS!

Hazen5 said...

You.. gaining too much weight? I think you're too tiny! I am glad you are doing good though.

Have so much fun on your "Girl's Weekend!"

Jessica said...

Yeah! for still being pregnant. I am so excited for you guys. I am sad I missed the girls get together. Kevin was in Vegas. I hope you had so much fun. It seems like forever since I have seen you.

Katie Harding said...

Thanks for the update! We are glad to hear that everything is going well. It's hilarious that you guys call him Buckethead!!! love it!

Cynthia said...

Glad all is still going well. My pregnancies were radically different but that's mostly because one was a twin pg.

Don't worry too much about the weight. Just grow that baby well because EVERYONE loves a chubby baby!

. said...

I know what you mean with the hunger and weight gain. I did the same thing, eating all the time and snacking at night and gained 60 lbs. With Owie I tried not to eat as much but 'try' was the operative word. I did spin classes and that helped bit then in the last 6 weeks the pelvic pain was too much so I gain more weight :) -- gotta love pregnancy :).

The Potter Family said...

ya so, thought I saw u at woodland park on friday...was that you?

flip flop mama said...

Nope it wasn't me. I haven't been to that park in a long time, plus I've been out of town since Friday.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you're doing well!! I hope you had a great time in Vegas!

Staceygirl said...

I retained so much water with Paige, and I sweated it all out at night for like two weeks after she was born. I woke up literally soaked. Luckily, I retained hardly any water with Kallie. The doctor told me you usually don't retain as much with the second kid. I can totally relate, though... Russ got grossed out when he pushed my finger into my puffy skin and it stayed indented. Haha. I'm glad things are going well. Now for the most uncomfortable months... ugh... may you sleep well (cuz you're gonna need it) :) Can we see you while we're in San Diego next week?