03 March 2009

Vegas, Baby!

So as many of you know I went to Vegas with some blogging buddies this weekend. Can I just tell you how awesome it was? There were 8 of us: Cheryl, Susan M, Alison Wonderland, Janelle, Shauntae, bythelbs, and madhousewife. I had never met any of these awesome women before, but with the exception of Alison have been reading their blogs for some time. I have met in real life a couple people before that I "met" on line but I've never done something like spend a weekend with 7 women I'd never met.

Let me tell you that this was such a fun weekend! I am so glad I got to meet them all in person and got to know them a little better. We did the touristy stuff like go to the Stratosphere and walk around the strip as well as sing some karaoke, and view beautiful nature with Flat Liberace (look for him in one of the pics). I'm not going to bore you with the details because much of the weekend was taken up with just great conversation and of course laughter and let's face it those things are never as funny when you are trying to recreate them a second time.

I loved that 8 women could get together for the weekend, talk, play games and just enjoy each other's company. Here's a few pictures from the weekend, but check out the other blogs for some more if you want (I didn't take very many).




10 comments:

Cheryl said...

I loved it! I'm so glad you came, too --even if I do keep you up with my crazy mouth-breathing raspy half-snore. :)

Can't wait to see you again!

Susan M said...

Fun! I think this trip might be the highlight of my year. I love all you guys!

bythelbs said...

I've been telling people that it didn't even feel like we'd never met in person before. It was like we'd all been friends for years. Looking forward to the next one!

Janelle said...

I had fun hanging out with the cutest pregnant lady ever!

flip flop mama said...

Cheryl--I totally only noticed the breathing the first night. I slept like a log the other nights!

Susan--Agreed!

Bythelbs--That's really what it felt like to me too. Like we'd known each other forever.

Janelle--Aww, thanks. You rock too!

Alison Wonderland said...

Yay for so much fun in Vegas!

earlfam said...

It was so good to meet you. It almost makes me want to start blogging so I can be legit....except that I have lots of good reasons not to. So I'll just have to tag along on my sisters coat tails. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Shelley~Maren said...

You are so cute pregnant Jamie. lol I'm glad you had a good weekend too, but you are one hot mama! :)

madhousewife said...

I had a great time, too. It's true, it really did feel like we'd known each other a long time. No awkwardness at all for me. And I'm always awkward!

Staceygirl said...

How fun! We almost went to Vegas on President's Day weekend with the kids, but it was going to be cold and rainy, so we thought, "Why drive 7 hours and be cold when we can stay here and be cold?" Oh well. We had fun on our trip to central Utah.

PS - As I was making dinner tonight, I was wondering where in the heck I got this can of Campbell's cream of chicken soup since I always buy the store brand... then I remembered. Thanks Boogers! (It's hard for me to call her that cuz she's too cute for that name)