11 April 2009

10 Things I like that start with "D"

I needed some help getting out of my blogging slump so when I saw this on bythelbs blog, I jumped at the chance. It's a game where you are assigned a letter and then you have to list 10 things you like that start with that letter. I got the letter "D" due to the impending delivery of my second child.

So without further adieu here are 10 things I like in no particular order that start with the letter "D"

1. Dessert-Especially this time of year. I just bought a 4 lb carton of strawberries from the store today to make strawberry shortcake for Easter. Yum! But that's not all, I love cookies, and brownies and pies. It's a good thing I have a fast metabolism....except when I'm pregnant.



2. Daisies-These are such a beautiful, joyful flower. Doesn't that just make you smile?




3. Daughters-Speaking of making me smile. Boogers, my sweet daughter makes me smile all the time. She also makes me want to do other things, but all in all she is a wonderful little girl. I'm so glad I was blessed with a daughter.



4. Deals-Who doesn't like a good deal? I love saving money and when I get a great deal on something that just makes my day!

5. Diamonds-While they are not my favorite gem, I really adore diamonds. I only have one and that is my diamond engagement ring, but it is something I treasure. I just wish it fit these days. Someday I hope to have more....



6. David Cook-My favorite American Idol winner. I also adore Chris Daughtry but technically he didn't win. I felt silly buying his album but it's really good!


7. Dreams-I don't have too many dreams lately since I'm so wasted when I get to bed, but there are some that I've had over my life that I remember vividly. I seem to have recurring themes in my dreams and the most prevalent one is that they all have some form of water in them. Another recurring dream I remember was when I was in High School. I constantly dreamed I was late for Math class. We had class in the temporary buildings in the back and I would run to class and be locked out. I hated that dream.

8. Dancing-I haven't done a lot of dancing lately being pregnant and all, but I really do enjoy doing it. I'm not a big fan of Dancing with the Stars or any of those dance shows, but I like doing it myself. Not that I'm any good at it, but Stake dances and Young Adult dances were usually the highlight of my week when I was younger.



9. Dollars-What do I need to say about this one? I like money. Isn't it the best thing to find a buck or two in your jeans?



10. Dads-My dad and of course T-Bone. Dads are great. I have a great Dad and I married a great dad. What would we do without them?



5 comments:

The Price Family said...

I was hoping so bad that DORETHA would be on there hahahaha

Shellybythesea said...

How about the Dewey Decimal system???? Why...we'd be lost in deliriously dire delusional disaray in the public library without Dewey!!!

madhousewife said...

You had me at dessert.

bythelbs said...

Dude, you did it! And what a great job. Awesome list. Love the visual aids, too.

Susan M said...

I've always loved daisies, too. Even had a dog named Daisy.